New Knowledge

Arthur Leywin

They just finished healing me, I wasn't hurt that bad because of Veer, he took on Cadell mostly alone, which annoyed me, I couldn't help him like I wanted to. Even with the knowledge of his powers, we couldn't stand up against him.

I rolled off the bed, and stood up, there wasn't anyone in my room. Sylvie and Elder Virion were keeping an eye on Veer, which I was fine with, he was the key to winning this war, not me now. Who knows what else he is holding back from me, that can't be everything in this novel about my life or this world.

I can't believe in this novel, Adam and the Director would already be dead, that just doesn't seem possible.

I made my way to the door, I was going to get Elder Virion, and head to the council room to chat there. I have an idea that will expose Rahdeas, the man who supposedly raised Elijah, who was really my old friend from my old life.

Why was there a novel on me anyways? It doesn't make any sense.

'Sylvie is he okay?' I sent a mental transmission to my bond who was currently in my brother's room healing. I could feel that she was worried for the both of us, but I was in a way better state than Veer.

'Yeah, he's fine, they just left the room, only Elder Virion is in here now." My bond relayed back to me, and I sent a mental nod to her.

I exited my room, and walked over to the one that Veer was in, opened the door, and sitting there next to his bed was Elder Virion. He looked worried or disappointed in something, I couldn't tell.

"Arthur, you should be resting." Elder Virion stood up and told me, Veer was out cold on the bed, it looked like they wrapped his broken bones up pretty well.

"I'll be okay, I think we should talk in the council room with everyone." I turned to Sylvie and spoke to her verbally. "Sylvie, how about we get Ellie to come down here, and you can come with me."

"No, I'm going to stay." The dragon said as she kept her eyes closed.

"Ha, seems the little thing has taken quite a liking to your little brother." Elder Virion smiled. "Young Eleanor should be down her any second, you stay until she gets here, I'll meet you in the council room, I believe Aldir is there." Oh, so the Asura didn't care to check in on us.

"Okay." I told the old elf. "Make sure it's only us three." Rahdeas couldn't be there yet, I needed them to know the plan first.

"It will be." Gramps made his way out of the room. "Make sure your sister stays in here."

"I will." I said as the door closed and I stood there at the edge of the bed, looking at my bond. "So, you want to stay here, and not come with me to the council room?" The dragon opened her eyes and stared at me.

"Yes." She answered. "I feel bad we let Veer do almost all of the fighting because we weren't powerful enough to do anything."

"I understand, but you heard what he said, we get strong enough." As I said the words, I knew I messed up.

"No, you get strong enough, Arthur, I may get stronger, but not strong enough." Veer said that she makes me into some sort of half dragon somehow, but she ends up sacrificing her life, but she doesn't die, I wasn't completely sure, but Sylvie knew what he was talking about.

"I know what he said might worry you, but Sylvie, we can change all of that now." I insisted. "He knows what happens, we can use that."

"Arthur, Veer knew what happened, he doesn't anymore." The dragon had a point. "He may not anything anymore."