Patience

Ellie Leywin

"Oh my god!" My mother exclaimed as Elder Virion brought in Veer's body. He was unconscious and wrapped in bandages. "My poor boy." My mother ran a hand through his ashy brown hair, as Elder Virion placed him on a bed in a little hut that was inside the cave, we were staying in. The cave wasn't small, there were two huts, and Elder Rinia's home.

Elder Virion and Elder Rinia told us to hide out here until everything was figured out with Arthur, there wasn't any news on how Veer was doing except that he was at Xyrus Academy during the attack, so seeing him in this state was hard.

"He's fine." Elder Virion spoke. "Mrs. Leywin, he should wake up in the next couple hours."

"You should move him to my bed in the house." Elder Rinia told Elder Virion, as my mother and father sat by his side, and held his hands. I felt a tear fall from my eye, as I looked at him, my little brother.

"Thank you, Elder Virion, for everything." My father bowed to him. "My family owes you."

Elder Virion waved his hand at him. "I don't think that's true, from what I have been told, this son of yours protected Tessia, and Arthur saved her. You owe me nothing." My father smiled wearily and nodded his head.

Elder Rinia placed a hand on my shoulder, she must have noticed me tearing up. "You don't need to worry little one, both your brothers are going to be fine." She took her hand off of me and spoke to Elder Virion. "Are you heading back right away?"

"Yes, I probably won't be back for a while, until this all is cleared up." The two elders stood at the entrance of the hut. "Mr. and Mrs. Leywin, this son of yours saved a lot of lives during the attack, you should be proud." He smiled at Veer, and the two elders walked out.

I moved to be next to my mother, on Veer's side. "Why are my sons always hurt." My mom was still holding Veer's hand. "Veer, should have never been there."

"You heard Elder Virion, honey." My father sat down on the other side of the bed. "Our son fought and protected other people, and he is going to be fine. We should be proud of him."

"I know." My mother ran a hand through his hair again. "I can't believe the state he is in."

I wiped my tears away as I leaned into my mother. "He's just like Arthur."

"We knew that already." My father laughed. "I still can't believe Xyrus was attacked."

"Me neither." My mom was holding Veer's hand and had her other arm around me. "What does this mean for Dicathen?"

"I don't know, nothing good." My dad sighed. "I'll go make us some food while we wait for him to wake up." My dad got up and walked out of the hut we were in.

"Are you okay, Ellie?" My mom turned to me.

"I'm not the one in the bed, mom." I'll admit it, seeing my twin brother like this didn't sit well with me, but I wanted to act strong for my parents.

"Alright." My mother turned and smiled at Veer. "Hopefully he wakes up soon."

"He will." Elder Rinia came walking in. "And Arthur will be fine too, you just have to wait." She sat where my father was sitting. "From what Elder Virion tells me, your Virion fought Lucas before Arthur showed up."

"Is Lucas the one that did this to him?" My mother asked, we didn't know everything that happened, so this was the first time we were hearing about this.

"No, Virion was protecting people beforehand, and when he got to Lucas his mana was almost already depleted." Elder Rinia slipped something into Veer's mouth. "This herb will help ease his pain when he wakes up."