Hangover

Virion Leywin

I rolled out of bed, not feeling the greatest, and as I did, I noticed a sleeping girl on my couch. It was Sylvie, she was out cold, I don't remember her being in here last night, actually, I don't remember the party that much.

I got to my feet, and made my way into the bathroom, feeling terrible, my stomach felt like shit, my head was spinning, and for some reason, I felt something on the back of my throat. I got to the toilet, bent over, and whatever was in my throat came out as I threw up.

"Shit." I said out loud as I finished and stood in front of the sink. I turned it on, grabbed some water, and splashed my face and hair, I probably looked like shit at the moment. I washed my hair quickly and tied it up into a ponytail. I needed to have it cut still but haven't gotten around to it.

I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to Sylvie. She was out cold, I must have kept her up while I was a little drunk, I don't really remember to be honest. I slowly bent down, and picked her up off the couch, making sure not to wake her up. I carried her over to my bed, and placed her down slowly, letting her sleep some more.

I rubbed my eyes, and then walked out of the room, into the hallway, where no one was. I had no clue what time it was, but it was decently early, maybe like eight in the morning. I usually wake up at six, so this is a change for me.

I walked down the hall, having no idea where I was going, or what I was going to do, but that was until Arthur's door opened, and he stepped out looking at me. "Hey there bud, how are you feeling this morning?"

"Shut up." I said to my brother with a smile. "I don't even remember the party, or what happened."

"Yeah, you had a lot to drink." Arthur came up to me. "Let's go get something in your stomach, you'll feel much better afterwards."

"Okay." The two of us started to walk towards the kitchen. "Did anything happen last night that I should know about?"

"No, not really, just that Sylvie took care of you the whole night." Arthur placed a hand on my shoulder. "I got a mental message from her, saying that after you took your shower, you refused to go to bed, and she basically had to force you to keep quiet."

"Oh, jeez." I said, holding my hand to my head. "I probably made myself look so stupid in front of so many people." I didn't really care though, it felt good to just let go, and have fun. "Not that I really care though."

"I know you don't, that is why I let you go." Arthur replied. "And to be honest, not too many people noticed, just the people you are close to. Sylv kept you away from the higher ranking nobles, which helped I think."

"Tch." We turned the corner, heading down another hallway. "I do have memories of one thing." I grinned at my brother. "You confessed your feelings, didn't you?"

"I did." Arthur smiled as he looked forward. "I had to, knowing everything you told me, and the future that might happen. Tessia needed to know how I felt, so I did what I had to."

"Really?" I respected him for doing that, I knew it was hard for him, talking about things like that. "Congrats, what is in store now for the future King and Queen?"

"We agreed to keep it under wraps for a little, so don't go around telling people just yet." Arthur and I stood in front of the kitchen doors. "But we are, I guess we are, a couple." That was nice to hear, I didn't know what this meant, but at least they were happy for now.

"I bet you didn't see that coming." I said as we entered the kitchen, and a maid came over to us.

"How may I help you two?" She asked, it was a maid named Emma, she was an elf, and very kind.