Arthur vs Jagrette Pt. I

Arthur Leywin

I had activated my phase two of my Beast Will as I was traveling, knowing I was going to need it to win this fight. The runes appeared, and my hair turned white, and the mana seemed to be completely under my control.

I shot myself through the forest, heading in the direction of Jagrette, this was what I was here for, to fight the Vritra off. I can do it, Veer already told me I did, but I had help from Sylvie, I wasn't just fighting alone.

'Boy wonder' I heard someone's shrill voice say in front of me, but even with my mana enhanced vision and senses, I couldn't see a thing. 'Over here.' The voice said from behind me, and I spun around. 'Nope, in front of you.' I faced forward, and the talking stopped as she appeared before me.

Jagrette was tall, skinny, but extremely pale. She was wearing a sparkling black dress which I figured went with her obsession of beauty, at least that's what Veer told me, and the mask that hid her face from me.

'Arthur, I'm arriving now.' I received a mental message from Sylvie.

'Be careful.' I told her, wondering how she was going to be able to take down a Retainer by herself.

"Nothing to say, brat?" Jagrette spoke again, causing my heartbeat to quicken, I had Veer with me the last time I fought a Vritra, this was the first one on one fight I had with one, I'm nervous and scared for some reason.

"Jagrette, it looks like we both go what we wished." I spoke, Dawn's Ballad at my side, I knew her powers, I knew what to expect. I didn't need Sylvie, Veer had already told me what I had to do, no trees, only her and I.

"Yes, yes, I can't wait to play with you little pup." Jagrette's voice was so shrill, yet demanding, like she got what she wanted all the time. I needed to steady my breathing, there was no retreating now, and I don't want Veer to help me when he finishes up underground. "Little pup, may I ask where you brother is, he is my real mission, so after I finish playing with you, I'm going to go snatch him up."

"Why don't you guess?" I shrugged, not wanting her to travel towards Veer, and leave me here alone, where I can't help. "You are acting as if you can take me down so easily." I smirked at her. "But we both know you are not that strong."

"Ohhhh, really?!" She snarled at me. "You know, our mission was to capture the little brat you call a brother, but I suppose they would not be mad if I was to capture you as well, boy wonder, and turn you into my little pet."

"I'll pass." I gave her a look of disgust. "I don't think anyone in their right mind would want that." Unless Alacryans were into that, I can't say. I started to surround Dawn's Ballad with ice, Veer told me this element would be my friend in this fight.

"That's fine, it makes it more fun breaking the spirit of disobedient slaves." Jagrette took a step closer to me. "Let's see what the great Arthur Leywin can do."

Without saying another word, hands shot out of the tree trunks around me, I couldn't tell exactly how many. I activated "Absolute Zero" and had it spread throughout my body, knowing ice can deal with this, and as the hands that emitted this toxic mana signature got close to me, they froze.

I shot myself through them, dodging them when I had to, or letting them freeze in the air if I couldn't. A pool of mana opened on the floor of the forest, and hands shot out, trying to grip me, but I didn't allow that to happen.

I bobbed and weaved through the acid filled hands, not wanting to be hurt by them, appeared before her, and swung my sword at her throat. A mist started to come off of her body, which I could only assume was some form a poison to kill me, so I held my breath, not wanting it to get inside of me.