Consequences

"Didn't you say a Retainer was here?" I nodded my head. "Aren't they the strength of a Lance, or even stronger?"

"I am surprised you know that, but yeah, they are a little stronger than the Lances I suspect, but I'll be fine." I faced ahead. "I promise, I do not plan on dying today."

"That's what everyone says, this seems a little too dangerous, I say we get Darvus and let everyone else rescue Caria." My body stiffened for a second, and I started to walk ahead.

"Samantha, we need to hurry." I told her as the cavern came into view. "I'll take care of the Alacryans, Darvus is injured hiding under a rock he crawled too."

"Alright." She nodded, accepting that I had to kill the Alacryans ahead of us. I didn't feel like pretending to be a helpless kid again, so I was planning on walking in there and killing them.

It wasn't them who made me worried, it was the dark energy approaching us, not at a fast speed, but they were definitely coming towards us or me, same thing. We reached the cavern, and we hid inside the tunnel as the Alacryans were spread throughout searching for Darvus.

I nodded my head, thinking to myself, that's when I felt it. "It looks like what I predicted may occur."

"What?" Samantha asked me, confused, I was just talking to myself, but she should probably know.

"A Lance is here." I opened a tube on my waist, and the blood started to flow around my hands like water, not forming into anything.

"That's good!" She exclaimed softly.

I shook my head. "It's not, this shouldn't be happening so early, I don't understand."

"I don't get it, shouldn't a Lance showing up be good?" She asked as I got ready to attack.

"Not this Lance." I sent her a smile. "Everything is going to be fine, get Darvus and leave, that's all you have to do."

"Which Lance is it?" I started to conjure wind, and while I did that, I might as well prepare for the worse, I activated "Blood Acceleration" as well.

"Lance Olfred." I felt my blood start to enhance my speed and strength. "Samantha, don't trust him, he is working for Aalcrya, don't say anything to anyone yet, but don't let him trick you." I cracked my neck. "Okay, wait until I am done to come in, then grab Darvus and leave."

"Wait, a Lance is working for Alacrya?" As she finished, I launched myself into the cavern and went straight for an Alacryan, his eyes went wide as the blood swirling around my wrist, shot out at him, and ripped into his chest, killing him, then the blood came back to me, and the Alacryans all faced me.

"Shields!" The one shouted, and two shield appeared. "Casters, get him!" A spear of fire and a blade of wind were shot at me, and I used the blood swirling around my arms as a shield. The spells hit the wall of blood I grew and disappeared. "Is that blood?" I shot my hand at the soldier who said that, and blood needles pierced his armor and killed him, then came back to me.

"You should be happy." I smiled at the Alacryans looking at me in horror as I walked up to them. "All of you are going to die, by the hands of me, I will save you from the tyranny Agrona has over all of you." I stopped in front of them as a spear of fire was launched at me again, I didn't bunch, I just caught the spear in my hands, and held it at my side. "Death, is your salvation, now rejoice."

"Don't speak about our High Sovereign like that!" The shield user spoke.

"Then make me, get out from behind your shield." I disrupted his core, and the shield disappeared, I started to walk again. I threw the fire spear in my hands at the shield user unable to use magic, and it went straight into his chest, sending him flying backwards. "Let's see, who's next?"