The Coast

(One Week Later)

Arthur, Sylvie, and I were on the coast far outside of Eitistin, our first mission was to stay with this division of soldiers. Elder Virion told us that the odds of Alacryan ships landing near us were low, but I knew differently. I knew that they would be here, and that I would be ready for them.

The temperature was freezing here, luckily, I had "Blood Oath" activated, and was able to protect myself from the cold, using my mana barrier and blood magic. I think Arthur was jealous of my blood magic, he looked like he was a little cold.

I had my normal tights, armor, and white cloak on, they tried to get me to wear something with more protection, but I refused. I was so used to fighting in this, I didn't want to change it now.

"I think that's the main tent." Arthur pointed at the tent up ahead with a soldier guarding it.

"Yeah." I agreed with him, it was in the safest area of the camp we were in. "Arthur, what would your plan be if Alacryans did show up here with a small force?" I asked as we continued walking.

"You don't have to worry about that, but if there was, I would trust in our force." Arthur responded. "Why? Are you worried?"

"No, why would that worry me?"

"Because a thousand troops, is a large difference from a hundred." He was right, and I didn't even know how many were going to be here.

"I could take a thousand troops." I spoke honestly, now standing in front of the guard.

"Is this the captain's tent?" Arthur asked the guard, and the man looked angry for some reason.

"Get lost kids." The guard told the two of us. "This is no place for you two to be running around." Arthur pulled out his Lance medallion, I kept mine in my pocket, not needing it. "General, I --"

"Generals." I corrected.

The guard stared at me, then my brother, then me. "You're the Devil of Dicathen?" I nodded my head. "I'm sorry, generals." He moved out of the way and motioned for us to go inside.

We stepped into the tent, which had a lot of space inside of it. In the corner of the room was a large hawk, a hawk I knew, oh, I forgot, Professor Glory was the person in charge here. Arthur and I faced forward, behind the desk, Professor Glory sent us both a light smile.

"Professor Glory?" Arthur said questioningly. She was wearing light armor, her brown hair was tied back, and she had two giant swords leaning against a drawer.

She got up and I could see that the sight of the two of us made her day. "It's good to see you two, General Arthur, General Virion."

"Call me Arthur, no need for formalities." My brother said.

"Same, Virion is fine." She was my professor, there was no need for her to call me a general.

"Then please, you guys can call me Vanesy." She stood now two yards from us. "I'm not your professor anymore, so it doesn't seem right to call me one."

"Okay, Vanesy." Arthur said.

"Wow, both of you have grown, the last time I saw you guys was at the attack at Xyrus." She examined us. "I still remember that first day in my class where the two of you sparred, it amazed me, I knew that day, that the two of you were special." I saw Vanesy nod to Sylvie, who was on top of Arthur's head still.

"That feels like forever ago." I admitted, trying to lighten the mood before we talk business.

"Yeah." Arthur agreed. "Could you give us the report on what's going on here?"