Bonding

Virion Leywin

I sat at my desk chair, staring at the dragon that came all this way to be with me. "You know you didn't have to come, right?" I asked her as she sat on my bed, with a calm look to her. Everyone had returned, Callias was preparing the report with who died, so Elder Virion can let their families know.

"I wanted to fight with you, isn't that enough?" Sylvie tilted her head as she looked at me, I don't know, something about her horns made me smile, and this caused her to ask another question. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." I replied. "You are right, at this time, you would be absorbing Uto's horn, while Arthur trained, but you did that already, so you must be bored at the castle." I smirked. "You missed me, didn't you?"

"Shut up." Sylvie shook her head but smiled. "I wanted to be useful, and I wasn't staying in the Floating Castle, here with you, I can be useful." That's fair, I wouldn't mind fighting with her. "And Arthur assigned me the task of keeping an eye on you."

"Oh, did he now?" I rolled my eyes. "He probably did, he worries about me too much, but who knows what will happen." A Retainer or Scythe could show up at any moment, I could slip in a middle of a battle, and a weapon could kill me.

"I intend on keeping you safe." Sylvie said once again.

"Tch, Sylvie, come on." I scratched my chin as I spoke. "You know I am the one who will be keeping you safe, like I have been since the war started, you won't be sacrificing yourself for anyone."

"Fine, we'll just promise to keep each other safe." Sylvie said, causing me to smile for some reason. "You agree?" She said seriously, looking for an answer to what she just said.

"I promise, Sylvie." I stood up from the chair and walked in front of the desk. "How's Arthur been?" I faced her, standing a couple of feet away from her. "I'm sure he is happy now that he is officially with Tess."

"He is." Sylvie answered me. "You know that he loves her, she loves him, they are meant to be, so of course he is happy." I nodded at her, knowing that was true. "His training is going well, and he's always asking about you."

"I figured." I faced the entrance of the tent and shouted. "Charley, come in here." The soldier that guarded my tent walked in at my command, I didn't need a guard, but at this point if it keeps people from just entering my tent, so it's fine. "Go get Callias for me, I would like to introduce him to Sylvie."

"Yes, sir." He bowed and left the tent.

"Wow, you speak with such authority around here." Sylvie said sarcastically. "I would have never thought that."

"Sylvie, I am a Lance, I have to act formally." I said with a straight face, but as we made eye contact, the two of us started to laugh. "Hahaha." I smiled and said. "I am the least formal person here, and everyone pretty much knows it at this point, but they still respect me."

"That's a good thing." Sylvie's golden eyes followed my every movement. "You want people to respect you, after everything you have done for Dicathen, I don't see how people don't respect you."

"Cause I am kid." I shrugged and made my way closer to her, sitting down on the bed by her side. "A kid that is mentally unstable, capable of killing most humans." I shook my head. "But who cares?"

"How are you doing mentally?" She asked as we sat together, and my thoughts immediately went to the Alacryan soldier I tortured by accident by implanting a Retainer's blood in him.

"I'm doing okay." I said and went on. "I mean, I'm killing a decent amount of people daily, so that never helps, but I am doing what I have to." Sylvie was looking at me, trying to examine if I was telling the truth, but I was an excellent liar.