Explanation

Virion Leywin

I opened my eyes and noticed that I was laying in a bed, in a place I didn't recognize. "Veer!" My mother shouted at my side, then immediately hugged me. "My baby boy." I embraced her hug, and it filled me with warmth.

"Hey, mom." I smiled as she hugged me, I noticed that my whole body was wrapped in bandages. "What happened to Arthur?" The memories before passing out came back to me, Arthur was about to kill Lucas.

"He was taken by the Lances." My dad said as my mother let go of me. "How are you feeling champ?"

"I'm fine." I sat up and watched as Ellie and an old elf walked in, if this is after the attack on Xyrus, she must be Elder Rinia. "Hey Ellie." My sister came to the other side of my bed and hugged me. I noticed a stray tear rolling down her cheek. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not, you idiot." We stopped hugging and she sat in the chair next to me. "And I am your big sister, get that through your head."

"Haha." I laughed. "Okay, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting."

"Veer, this is Elder Rinia." My father stood up next to her. "We are currently hiding out where she lives."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Virion." She smiled at me.

"Likewise, Elder Rinia." I sent a smile back to her.

"Veer, what happened?" My mother grabbed my hand. "Can you explain to us what really happened?"

"What don't you know?" I asked as I felt for the mana in my core, it looks like my body already started to replenish mana. I don't want to tell them what I did, but I feel like I have to.

"We know that someone attacked the school, but I mean what happened to you?" My mother tightened her hand around mine. I looked around the small room everyone was in, they all had both serious and happy expressions on their faces.

"Well, when the attack started, I was with the Disciplinary Committee, and I helped them out of sticky situation." I paused for a second. "Then after I dealt with that, I went into a courtyard and just started to help people when I could. There was mana beast running wild, enemy mages shooting spells at people, it was all just chaos." The look in my mother's eyes told me she didn't like where this was going. "This man made an announcement for all students to meet him under the clock tower, one thing led to another, and Elijah broke the barrier that was dividing us."

Ellie cut me off. "Elijah, is he alright."

I shook my head. "No, they took him after he passed out, that's when everyone started to rush the enemy, and where I took on Lucas." I looked down at my chest. "I would have beaten him if I didn't use up my mana in the battles earlier."

"They took Elijah?" My mother asked, and I nodded my head. "That poor boy." She didn't know that the poor boy was going to be back one day as an enemy.

"Veer, we are proud of you." My father patted my leg. "I heard you saved a lot of people, even Princess Tessia."

"I wouldn't say I saved her, Arthur did that when he took down Lucas." I told them honestly. "Lucas was trying to leave though, and I stopped him."

"That's my boy." My father said proudly. "Are you hungry?"

"I could go for some food." He left the room and came back with a plate. "Thanks." I took the plate from him. "I'm assuming you don't know how Arthur is doing right now." He should be here at some point; I just didn't know when.

"No, we don't." Ellie spoke up, as I ate a piece of meat.

"Alright, I figured since he wasn't here." Arthur was going to tell them about his reincarnation, but I couldn't allow that. My plan to deal with the death of my father is to have Arthur not tell them. They joined the war because they felt like they had to after Arthur revealed everything. If he doesn't, they'll stay in the Floating Castle and be safe.