His Return Pt. III

(One Week Later)

I've been here now for a week, it's been nice, running in the dungeon whenever I liked. I either spent time with the Twin Horns or Tessia's team, Darvus's attitude toward me changed a little, he was more open, I would say.

By now, I don't know when Arthur will show up, it's going to be any day, they don't talk about the dates in novel, if they did, it would make planning for the war much, much easier.

Speaking of Arthur, I told myself, I would never tell anyone about being a reincarnate, but I was thinking. If I told Arthur, and only him, we could come up with a plan to win. He wouldn't judge me because he is also a reincarnate, the only thing is, how do you break it to someone, that I am from a world, were his life was a story.

I haven't decided, it may be better not to tell him, even though I know it would be for the best.

At this moment, I was walking back to my tent, I had one in the Twin Horn's camp, but I didn't go into the dungeon with them. "Veer!" Tess called out to me; she was sitting around a fire alone. "Come here."

I smiled and walked over to her. "Hey, Tess." I sat down on a stone they were using as a seat. "What's up?"

"Nothing, we just got back as well." It looked like her hair was still wet from washing it, she was wearing a tight black shirt. "How was your run?"

I leaned back, holding the front of the stone so I didn't fall, since the stone seat didn't have a back to it. "Good, I cleared two floors and called it a day." I didn't want to find the mutant before Arthur showed up, that was someone else's job.

"You act like that's nothing, two floors by yourself would be impossible for most mages." Tess smiled at me. "But you aren't most mages, just like Arthur."

"Yeah, our family is strange." I was drenched in blood, I needed to wash up, and by the way Tess kept looking at my cloak, she thought so too. "Hold on." I told her as I removed the cloak I was wearing and threw it on a nearby seat. I was in my normal gear underneath, which obviously didn't have any blood covering it.

"You basically wear no armor." Tessia exclaimed, looking at the small amount of armor I had on, which was my white pair of shoulder plates and my white pair of leg armor. "That's dangerous."

"I think the opposite, it makes me faster, so I can avoid getting hit." I told her. "Also, my mana barrier itself is like armor." When I told Tess about being in white core, like everyone else, she was in shock.

"I suppose." She nodded her head. "You should, uhh, run some water on your face." I couldn't tell if there was blood on it, I was so used to it. "You have blood on it."

"Thanks." I conjured water in my head and placed my face in it. "Better?" I asked her as I finished.

"Yeah, much better." As she finished speaking, a soldier screamed out, and it startled me.

"I need help over here." We both stood up, and I was in shock. There was a soldier, holding another soldier in his arms. No, today is the day, Arthur is truly coming back today.

My heart started to race; my brother was coming back. "Let's go." Tess started to walk toward them, but I was still frozen, in shock. "Veer." She turned back to me, and I snapped out of it.

"Coming." We both jogged over, but the medical team already was there, and they helped him to the medical tent. "We should give him time." I told Tess as we watched them carry the man.

"We should check up on hims first, maybe something happened." Tess began to walk, and I spoke up.

"Tess, he's by himself, away from his team, I think something did happen." I walked next to her. "They probably found the mutant."