Phase One

Virion Leywin

(Four Months Later)

I have been living in Elenoir now for four months, I turn five in a couple weeks. It will be my first birthday away from my family, but everyone here has treated me great. Tessia has been aiding me in my assimilation process, and Elder Virion was helping me unlock its abilities. Elder Virion talked about how I could receive pain in my core from fighting the Sea Serpent's Will, but I never had any. It was most likely because I started the assimilation as soon as possible.

I wonder how my family was doing, I'm sure they are fine without me. The only person that probably misses me is my mom. Ellie is in her glory having her own room.

With all of the mana I absorbed, my mana core skipped all the way to dark yellow. I was out of the orange core stage at the age of four basically five. I was farther along than Arthur, but it didn't matter. He still would whoop me in a straight up fight. I believe my knowledge of this world and starting mana rotation so early, helped me get ahead of him.

And once I fully bond with the Sea Serpent's power, I believe there is a chance I will get to light yellow before I turn six. That means when the war starts, I should be able to use my core strength as a reason of why I should be fighting.

I should be allowed to fight in dungeons, I could handle a mana beast now. Now hordes of mana beast, I couldn't, but I would be with a team so it would fine. Hopefully, with Tessia's team with Darvus, Stannard, and Caria.

"Veer, let's go." Tessia called out to me from down the hall. "We need to start your training before Grandfather returns." I quickly picked up my pace as I was walking down the hall. "He will get mad at me for not starting on time."

"My bad, I was tired, and couldn't get out of bed." With all the training and assimilation, my body was always in a constant state of fatigue. This was the hardest training I have been through; I was constantly fighting for control over my core as I was learning how to actually use it.

"Let's just hurry up." Tessia said with a smile as we walked side by side. "How's your core? Any pain today?"

"No, same as usual, I'm just tired."

"That's good, today is a normal day, Grandfather wants you to meditate with the Serpent's Will for an hour." It was usually an hour in the morning and an hour at night. Sometimes in between we had a sparring session, but it was a more relaxed spar. We didn't use a lot of mana; it was just to keep our bodies going.

"Okay, sounds good, where is he?" I asked, Elder Virion seemed busy all the time. He was an elder, so it made sense, and Tessia was old enough to train me. She was older than Arthur by a year, which made her ten at the moment.

That also means that the two of them will be attending Xyrus Academy soon, in like three years, so I guess not soon. Arthur and Nico will be meeting each other at some point in the next two years. The three reincarnate's bodies will be close together, Tessia's whole thing is a little different from them, but she is the legacy's vessel.

As we entered into the training area and knife came flying at my face, but I was ready this time. I caught the blade, not even reacting to it, and held it in my hand as Elder Virion walked out of the shadows.

"Grandfather, I thought you weren't going to be here today." Tessia spoke up, looking both shocked and angry at Elder Virion.

"Change of plans." Elder Virion spoke. "I decided that it was time to see if Virion was ready for the next step." What was the next step? I thought I needed to completely bond with the Sea Serpent first. "I want to have you activate your phase one of your Beast Will, Virion." My phase one, no way. I was down to try already. I didn't need any convincing.