Blood Cloning

(One Week Later)

"No, no, no!" Wren exclaimed as the blood I was manipulating dropped to the ground. "First, form it into the figure you are picture, then push purified mana into it, and boom, just like that, you'll have a blood clone." He was holding his hands out, like he did something.

"You are acting like this is something I can just master in seconds; it's been two days since we started trying." I started to lift the blood up off the ground. "I'm telling you; we are missing something."

"Brat, listen to me, you aren't missing anything, it's your mind, you need to concentrate, and put your purified mana into it." He pointed at the blood in the air. "You made this possible, you can make blood cloning possible, now shut up, and try again, or I'm going to throw an army of golems at you."

"Jeez, fine." I closed my eyes, and started to form the blood I was controlling into a humanoid figure, and as I did, I started to push out my purified mana into the blood. I was picturing a clone of Wren, because it was easy to picture him with all the yelling he had been doing. I kept pushing and pushing, until I thought there was enough. "Did I, do it?"

I didn't get a response, only silence, I opened my eyes, and saw the blood still just floating there. Wren shook his head. "I don't understand, just create a clone."

"Wren, it's not easy doing something you've never done before, we are legit creating a new spell out of this air." I'm the only Blood Deviant in existence, so this is new territory for the both of us.

"It's common sense, kid, if you do what I say, you will figure it out." It didn't seem possible, I've been trying and trying, and yet nothing has happened. "Look." He waved his hand and two life like beings appeared. "I can create real life looking golems, made of stones, you can do the same with blood and purified mana."

"Wouldn't it be easier if I had earth magic then, I could combine the two." I was now mad, I wasn't a quadra elemental.

"Yeah, but you don't have earth magic, so forget about it." Wren destroyed the two golems and looked at me intently. "Blood cloning could be a serious weapon in a fight, think about it, you could create clones of your soldiers, and add numbers to your side."

I conjured an illusion of myself. "Why can't I just use illusions for that? It would basically be doing the same thing."

"Not at all." Wren pointed at my illusion and threw a small rock at it, and the rock passed right through it. "See, an illusion is just an illusion, but a clone, well, if a clone is hit by, let's say an arrow, there would be blood and the clone can act like it's hurt. You may even be able to give the clone abilities, I don't know exactly how your blood magic works, but it could be possible."

"I see what you mean, but it isn't working." I closed my eyes and started to form the blood into a humanoid of myself, then started to push purified mana into it. I kept shaping the clone into what I wanted it to look like in my mind.

"Keep going, you're almost there." Wren insisted, and I kept on picturing the blood clone forming in front of me, using my purified mana to do so. I imagined the clone having the same abilities as me, being able to control blood, and then I opened my eyes. "I lied." Wren chuckled as I saw the stream of blood still floating there.

"Dammit." I exclaimed. "If you say it's possible, why can't I do it?"

"You need to truly concentrate on what you create, remember, the clone will only be as good as you make it." Wren ran his hand through the blood, and then swung it off him. "Keep trying, we have nothing else to do anyways."

"What about training with the golems?" I asked, not really caring about that training.

"Like I said before, we don't have enough time to make you a master in fighting in battles, I want to focus on discovering new abilities you may have." He paused for a second, then went on. "Let me worry about your training, get this blood cloning spell down."