His Return Pt. I

Virion Leywin

(One Week Later)

Ellie and I turned eleven today, and it was also the day I was going back into the dungeons, it was a gift to me, but not towards my family. I knew they wanted me to stay the whole day, and I planned on staying for at least lunch.

Arthur was going to be here in about three weeks, give or take days, I don't know the exact date he returns, but I know the signs that will tell me when to prepare. I wanted to see my big brother so badly.

"Good morning, Veer." My mother said as I walked into the dining hall, and noticed my entire family was there. "Happy birthday." She got up and hugged me.

"Thanks, mom." I embraced her hug.

My father hugged me next. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks." I embraced his hug as well, and then walked over to Ellie. "Happy birthday, big sister." She smiled at me, and we hugged.

"Happy birthday, little brother." I laughed as we separated. "We are eleven now, isn't that cool?"

"I don't feel any different." I told her as we all took our seats, I did live a year longer than I did in my last life.

A maid placed a plate of food in front of me, it was eggs, I sent her a smile. "Relish in your younger years, you two, you're going to get old one day, like your mother and I." My dad smiled at us.

"When are you leaving, Veer?" Ellie asked, and the atmosphere changed.

"I was thinking after lunch, but I may go sooner." I told her, I knew this would make them all angry, but I really wanted to leave the castle, not them, I love my family. "If that is okay, I know it's our birthday, but I want to get back."

"I still think you should stay back; I don't care if you are feeling better." My mother glared at me; it was obvious that she wanted me to stay here where it was safe. "What happens if you find yourself in front of another Retainer?"

"He'll take it down, isn't that right, Veer?" My dad was the opposite of my mother, he accepted the fact that I was fighting in the war a long time ago.

"Yep." I assured him, and everyone. I wasn't going to see a Retainer again for a while, I think, there's always a chance one shows up. "Mom, I'll be fine."

"I want to go with you." Ellie said seriously.

My parents responded quickly. "Absolutely not, over my dead body." My mother shook her head, reinforcing what she said.

"Nope." My dad shrugged at her. "You are too young." Oh, he messed up, shouldn't have brought age into this.

"I am the same age as Veer, we literally both turned eleven today." Ellie pouted at them, and I just went in and started to eat my food, trying to act like I wasn't there. "I don't care that he is stronger, I can still help people."

"No, Ellie." My mother glared at her and then at me, my eyes widened in fear by the way she looked at me. Did she want me to say something? Shit, what do I do?

"But mom!" Ellie continued to pout.

"Ellie, you'll join the war one day, but that's not today." I gave her a reassuring smile, and looked at my mom, she wasn't glaring at me, I did something right, let's go.

"Hopefully, the war ends before you do get old enough, then you won't have to fight in it." My dad's plate was already gone, they did start eating before me.

"You all suck." Ellie crossed her arms and looked at the wall. "I wish Arthur was here."

"He'll be back soon." I told her as I stuffed my face with a forkful of eggs.