Dual

Virion Leywin

I spun around, reformed my sword, and watched as a tiny amount of blood dripped down his chest plate. "See that, you bleed, just like me."

He glared at me with his scary ass red eyes. "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this!" Black spikes started to appear throughout the cavern, I could sense them before they did, but it was getting harder and harder to move around. "Keep on running, brat!"

Shit, fighting inside the cavern was not good, he definitely had an advantage, I needed to change that. As I was dodging the spikes, I formed needles of blood, and launched them at Uto.

He vanished and appeared right next to me throwing a punch at my face, I fell to the ground dodging the attack, and a spear was about to enter my back, but I froze it before it could grow. I jumped back to my feet, and swung my sword again, Uto, knowing how dangerous my sword was, conjured multiple spikes to block the attack, and moved away from me.

I kept on shooting blood needles at him, but he was able to dodge them as he danced around the cavern. I stood still as the spikes stopped, and I pulled the blood I shot back to me. Uto wasn't hurt at all and looked pleased to be fighting me.

I cracked my neck, if I was going to win, I needed to land a solid blow, and find a way to stop these spikes that can just grow and appear.

"Are those all your tricks?" Uto sneered at me. "I really hope not, it would be a real shame."

"Screw it." I said, launching myself at him, swinging my sword, and as he went to attack me, I disrupted his mana flow for a split second. Noticing the change in his power, Uto attempted to dodge my attack, but couldn't.

My blade extended, and entered his other shoulder, his magic returned, and he shot a spike right into my shoulder blade, going right through my cloak and armor. We both exchanged smiles, and I was right back on him, ignoring the pain in my arm.

Uto grew some sort of weapon out of his palm and swung it at me. I ducked to the ground, rolled out of the way of a spike, then used wind magic to get back to my feet, and swing my blade at his head.

I was met with air, as Uto flew up, and overlooked the cavern floor. "Oh, can't the little pup fly?" He spoke with such arrogance, it was annoying. "This is going to hurt tremendously, but you'll live."

I froze the ground under my feet, expanding the ice five yards in every direction, not allowing him to do grow any spikes, as I would just freeze them before they managed to puncture through the ice.

"Are you that scared to fight this Lesser, that you need to fly up there?" I taunted him. "I thought that Uto was a big tough guy." He held his lengthy arms out and stared down at me.

"Ha." Uto laughed, and spikes broke through the ice under me, I jumped into the air using wind magic, and looked down to see that every square inch of the cavern floor was covered with seven foot black spikes. "Look at that." He looked down, and then at me. "It would be a shame to fall into that."

"Yeah, it would." I smiled back at him, as I tried to hold myself up, pushing wind out from everywhere to stay stable. This really wasn't looking good; I aimed more needles made out of blood at him and shot them.

With my eyes, I could predict what Uto was going to do, but he was so fast, it canceled out. He appeared in front of me and looked down at me with a grin. "It's over." He swung his weapon down at me, trying to stay upright using wind magic in the air, I shot myself onto Uto, grabbing his armor with one hand, and swung my sword with the other. "Get off me!"

I froze a spike growing between us, as I tried to slide my sword into his chest. I removed his mana again for a split second, and we both started to fall to the ground where the spikes were. My sword just barely entered his chest, as he kicked me off him, and started to fly again. I pushed ice under my feet and created a small platform on the spikes for me to stand on.