Progression

(Six Months Later)

I've been living in Elenoir for around a year and a half now, and I am now six years old. My mana core has progressed yet again to the solid yellow stage, I needed to get into silver by the time the war started. I was training twice as hard, but I was making sure to spend time having fun while I could. Tessia and I have truly bonded, and she was actually my first friend outside of my family, if you didn't count Lilia.

I have mastered my Serpent's Will and can now access both of the phases, since I needed to have"Blood Oath" activated to control people's blood. It felt like while I was training, I always had it on. It took quite some time to master phase two, but with the help of Elder Virion and Tessia I finally did.

Elder Virion and I still were messing with my Blood Magic. So far, we discovered that I could control anything with blood in it, disrupt mana, rip blood out of bodies, and the last and most recent thing we discovered is that I can heal people with my magic. This could be huge because I would be able to heal myself and others in battle.

I was walking to the training area with Elder Virion at the moment, Tessia was already there waiting for us. "I think today is the day." He spoke up and I turned to him. "I think you are strong enough to use your Blood Deviant powers on others." He was right, I had control over my power now. The year of training and my Serpent's Will helped a lot.

"Okay, but do you really think testing it out on Tessia or you, would be a great idea? I would rather go into a dungeon or something." I could probably survive on the first floor of a dungeon; it couldn't be that hard.

"No, you'll be fine." Elder Virion said calmly. "You were training for a reason, now it's time to see if it payed off or not. The only thing I wouldn't do is disrupt mana flow; we don't know exactly what happens to the core."

"I wasn't planning on it." I wasn't going to test that out on Tessia, it might have worked on a beast, but a person could be different. "I'm only going to use blood control, nothing else today if you insist on me using it."

"That's fine." We turned down the last hallway that led to the training area. 

"What about Tessia? I don't want her to know about my magic." I told him, if I used something like that in front of her, she'll assume something is up. 

"I think it's time she knows, but that is it." Elder Virion was always so composed, the confidence he exerted was tremendous.

I shook my head. "Gramps, I don't want her knowing." 

"Then don't explain it." We exited into the training area. "Just say it comes with your Beast Will, you don't need to tell her about how you do it."

"That works." Tessia was sitting on a rock waiting for us. 

"Finally, you guys show up." She stood up and walked towards us. "What are we doing today, Grandfather? Are we going to spar?"

"Yes, but against me." Of course, he wants me to test it on him. "It will be you two against me, anything goes."

"I can use my sword?" I asked, I could only use it during special training sessions where he gave me permission. 

"No." He pulled a sword out and pointed it at Tessia and me. "I want you to attack me head on, Tessia. Virion, you stay back and support her." I was about to pull out my sword but stopped when he said that.

"Shouldn't I have a sword?" He just wanted me to use blood magic.

"You don't need one." He turned to Tessia. "You do, though." 

A sword appeared on her side, and she drew it. "We got this, Veer. You get my back and I'll take him down." She smiled at me as she got ready to attack, I activated "Blood Oath" and got ready to protect her.