Five Thousand

(One Week Later)

After my lovely conversation with Agrona last week, when Sylvie woke up, she had forgotten what she was going to say, and what we were talking about. I was going to say something but found it best not to.

We were marching through a large forest towards our next battle, we had just taken out another camp yesterday, but I did everything myself in this battle, unlike the one before that led to the deaths of my men.

The next camp was right on the border of the Elven Kingdom, it was the biggest force we had come across, numbering in the five thousand. So, they outnumbered us by a decent amount, but I had a plan.

Callias and I already discussed it, he loved it, we sent our plan to Elder Virion, and he loved it. He originally wanted to send additional support, but I assured him it wasn't needed, and he took my word.

"Here is good." I told Callias as he walked next to me.

"We are making camp here!" Callias shouted to the thousand men. "Alpha Team on me!" Sylvie's and my tent appeared before me as the soldier carrying it took the tent out of his mana ring.

Sylvie grabbed my hand and pulled me into the tent. "Veer, we have to talk." She said as we entered. "This is a pretty big deal, are you sure you are up for it?" Sylvie continued holding my hand as she spoke, looking at me very seriously, but I could see the kindness in her eyes.

"I'm up for it, Sylv." Oh, and she now wants me to call her Sylv, which isn't a big a deal. I grabbed her hand as she held mine. "I won't be alone, and I have you out here in case something goes wrong."

"I don't like the idea of six of you going in there alone." Sylvie spoke honestly. "You said that there was only one thousand troops when you first found it, and that over the last two days, their number grew to five thousand, it has to be a trap."

"No, it doesn't." I assured. "Sylvie, believe in me, and trust that I won't die today." Her golden eyes were filled with emotion, I could tell she was extremely worried, and I appreciated that. "Is there something I can do to make you feel better about this situation?"

"Yeah, let me come with you." I shook my head. "I can go into my fox form and hide within your armor."

"No, that's even more risky." I told her. "I'll be with strong mages; they'll have my back." The team that was going in to the five thousand troops was Callias, Melody, Daryl, Cassandra, Geist, and me. "Just pray for my safe return." I said sarcastically, pulling my hand away from her as I brought my deck, chair, and bed out of my mana ring.

"Veer." Sylvie said softly, truth be told, I didn't want her in this battle, it could be dangerous if something doesn't go a part of plan, and if she got hurt, I would not be able to forgive myself. "You know I have to go with you."

"You don't." I told her again. "No more of this, you aren't coming." I spoke with authority. "Stick to the plan we all agreed on, if you think I am in trouble, you have free will to launch yourself in the cavern and rescue me."

"Fine." Sylvie said with a sad tone as she looked at the ground.

Damn, I stepped closer to her, lifted my hand, and then placed it on her cheek, moving her head so she was looking into my eyes. "I'll be okay, Sylv, there is no need to worry, everything will go according to plan, and we will be in here, talking about our victory when it is all over."

I sent Sylvie a warm smile, and then hugged her. "Why do you have to speak like that?" She said as she embraced my hug and hugged me back. "You better come back in one piece though."

We separated from each other. "I'll try to." I smiled, pulling the second bed out of my mana ring, the one was where Sylvie slept, and placed it on the other side of the tent. She questioned why she couldn't transform into her fox form and sleep with me, but I told her that it was better this way.