Set Up

Currently, in Captain Glory's tent, stood Arthur, Captain Glory, Captain Auddyr, a soldier named Griffin, and me. Both companies were now together, word was sent to Elder Virion, but there isn't any other force nearby that can help us.

Captain Auddyr, was this big man, wearing this fancy noble armor set, when Arthur and me first arrived, he didn't seem pleased to see us, like we were just kids in the way. I didn't take it personal, I thought of him as a noble in the war, so it canceled out.

"What's the plan, Generals?" Vanesy turned to Arthur and asked, when we were gone, Captain Auddyr's division showed up on the cliff, and we told them that it was true, there were five thousand troops heading this way.

"Are we really taking their word for it?" The big man Captain Auddyr asked. "There is no way five thousand troops can just walk through the dwarven territory unrecognized." They can if the dwarves are helping them, which we know already, so I don't know why we were even sent here. Unless the hope is, Rahdeas is supposed to make the dwarves help us, but I know that's not going to work either.

"We saw for ourselves, Captain." Arthur said with a strict tone of voice. "First, I would send someone to go tell your company to move away from the cliff, and into the forest, hidden out of sight for now."

"Tch." Captain Auddyr said. "I think, if they are coming, we should meet them head on with our two forces combined, we'll outnumber them, and drive them back."

"That's your plan?" I said questioningly.

"Elder Virion entrusted the safety of our divisions to the Generals, they should be the ones to make the decision." Vanesy said to everyone.

"As Captain, I know what's best for my division, and attacking them straight on is just that." Captain Auddyr wanted the credit of the victory; I think that's what this is about.

"Do you honestly believe attacking them straight on is the best military strategy?" Arthur asked him seriously. "I want to know."

"Yes." He responded quickly. "My men are all trained and merciless, they will not lose a fight like this." Captain Auddyr took a step back from Arthur, I think he was scared slightly. "I'm sorry that I won't take the word of two children."

"Understand, I may be a child, but I out rank you, Captain." Arthur was now speaking aggressively, it made me smile a little. "So, send this man here, Griffen I believe, to tell your men to make their way into the forest, and to stay out of sight until Captain Glory's team joins them." My brother's aura changed, and this made everyone flinch a little, except me.

"Y-yes sir." Captain Auddyr waved his hand toward Griffen, and he left and did as Arthur said.

"Damn, he just made you his bitch." I started to giggle slightly, I could see Captain Auddyr glaring at me, but I ignored it. Arthur nudged me, probably to tell me to stop.

"I'm sorry about him." Arthur shook his head but was smirking slightly. "Vanesy, have all your men join them, we can keep them split up, but have the divisions fight side by side." He paused for a second then went on. "Make sure it's a spot that gives us access to the cliff."

"Will do." Vanesy left the tent, and made the preparations we asked for, leaving Captain Auddyr, Arthur, and me.

"I could go by us some time?" I shrugged. "Lower their numbers a little." It was night out, so everyone was moving around in the dark with little to no light.

"Veer, you aren't going to fight them alone, which I know you want to." I was starting to get really excited; I knew it was the serpent doing, but I couldn't help it.

"I know, how are we going to go about the fight?" I asked him, ignoring Captain Auddyr's prescence at the moment.

"We are sticking together, side by side." Arthur didn't want me to be away from him in a fight like this.