The Ring

Virion Leywin

(One Week Later)

"Windsom should be here soon, kid, it has been a pleasure to train you." Wren told me as we stood there. I was back in my armor, with my cloak around my body. I had a tube of blood on my waist, so I could form a sword whenever I needed.

"I'm glad you were able to help me, Wren, I owe you a lot." I bowed to the god, who truly gained my respect after our time together. "I promise, I'll keep all my new abilities secret to an extent."

"You don't have to keep them secret forever, just long enough so that it doesn't look like I helped you discover them." Wren was worried about his own safety, I understood that it would be Lord Indrath coming for him.

"I know." I sent him a smile, it was time to return to the field, and it was exciting. I wanted to slaughter mana beast, and I could only hope to find Alacryans.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Wren pulled out something in his pocket, and held it in between his fingers, so I could see it. The object in his hand was some sort of ring. "This ring is for you."

I gave him a confused look, the ring was black, but there was a red liquid flowing inside of it. "Are you proposing to me?" I said sarcastically.

Wren glared at me. "No, you brat, jeez, who do you think you are?" He pulled the ring back. "This thing will solve your issue."

"What issue will this ring solve?" I asked him, and the god smiled at me.

"I am calling it, your blood mana absorption powers, you told me, and I was told from Aldir, that you jumped to silver core by using your blood to increase the speed mana entered your core at and how fast you purified it." Was Wren saying I could use the ring to do the method Aldir told me never to use?

"What are you saying exactly?" I asked him, hoping he would clarify a little more.

"I'm saying with this ring, you should be able to absorb mana at a higher rate, using that blood ability, not all the time, you'll still have your bodily limits, but Virion, with this, you won't burn your core out." Wren smiled and tossed the ring at me, I caught it, and stared down at it.

"Holy shit." I said softly.

"It will also not be detected by anyone, so you can use it whenever, but I would suggest not in front of anyone." Wren watched as I slid the ring on my index finger. "Try it out, we have time, I think."

"If you say so." I activated "Blood Oath" and started to collect the mana in the atmosphere. I pulled it to me and started to increase the rate my blood channels moved at. The mana entered my body, and like a rocket, it was shot into my core. "Oh, wow, it's working."

"Stop, it only will work for ten seconds, before your core starts to feel it." I stopped the process and could feel the slight increase in my core. I was still at silver core, but with this, I could get to white core faster, maybe even soon.

"Thanks, Wren." I held up my hand and flashed the ring. "This is going to truly help me."

"No problem, kid." Wren turned away from me. "I wouldn't be showing that off though, that's an artifact created by me, there are a lot of people who would kill to own that."

"Even Asuras?" I asked him.

"Yes, but they won't, all they'll do is make you hand it over, so don't let Aldir or Windsom see it." Wren nodded to me. "Or tell them the ring has a special meaning or something."

"I will, no one will touch it." I told him.

"It's good that you are a Blood Deviant, people are too scared of you to steal anything." That's pretty much true, but the Asuras aren't afraid of me. "Where the hell is Windsom? He said he was coming today in the morning, jeez, the dragon is always late."