The Party V

"Oh, well, Sylvie and I think that Arthur is confessing his love for your daughter right now." I shook my head as Veer spoke, Arthur still had our mental link blocked.

"Are you serious?" The Queen and King both said, and Veer nodded his head. The Queen went on. "It is about damn time."

"I think I'll be taking my leave." Elbereth bowed once again. "I'll hopefully be seeing you in Zestier, General Virion." She left the stage, leaving the four of us there. The other side of the stage stood the King and Queen of Sapin with some other people.

"I wonder how that is going." Veer smiled. "We don't know for sure though, they could be talking about something else alone." I doubted that, why would Arthur cut his mental link from me.

"Everyone!" Elder Virion's voice echoed through the crowd, silencing them within seconds. "It is time to show the retainers." He waved his arms to the side, and soldiers began to walk out holding a wagon of some sorts, and on them, was the Retainer's bodies that we killed. "Here, lays the three Retainers that were killed in battle during the battle in Ashber."

The people below began to chatter, Veer didn't say anything, but the King of the Elven Kingdom did. "I've seen these bodies before, but seeing them again, like this, is still quite scary. I know how strong they must be, so the fact that Veer and Arthur took them down, is amazing." Aya and I helped as well, but they have a point, we didn't really do that much. "Please, come up on the stage, and take a closer look at the enemy we are up against."

"Sylvie, let's get off the stage, I don't want to speak with anyone I don't have to." Veer told me, taking my arm. "King, Queen Eralith, we will be taking our leave, I rather be away from people as they examined the bodies."

"That is fine, Virion, we will talk to you later." Queen Eralith said, and Veer took my arm, and guided me off the stage before the people could come up and stare at the bodies now present on the stage for all to see. Retainer Erie's body was in the middle, in between Jagrette's and Lyra's.

"Let's go find a table to relax at." Veer suggested to me. "I rather be alone for a while, I don't feel like dealing with nobles, I'm afraid what I might say to them." Our arms intertwined once again, and he guided me to a table where no one was at.

"That works for me." I said, I knew this wasn't a date or anything, but for some reason, I felt something, I don't know what, but being with Veer like this felt good. "I don't think you should drink anymore."

A waiter walked by, and Veer grabbed another drink. "One more won't hurt." He said, taking a giant gulp from it, then placing it on the table before us. "You know, this is the first time I have ever tried any sort of alcohol."

"I bet." I answered him, watching his eyes kind of swirl a little. "Come here." I got closer to him, making sure he didn't fall over. "A Lance of Dicathen should not fall over during this event, so just lean on me."

"Okay." Veer said, leaning over slightly on to me, I held him up straight. "I am just having some fun tonight; I don't remember the last time I did this."

"It's fine." I assured him, knowing he has been stressed lately. "I'll be watching over you, nothing bad will happen." I felt him giggle slightly on my shoulder, so I asked him something. "What is so funny?"

"Nothing." He said, then went on. "I think it's funny how you say you'll be watching over me tonight." I shook my head, still holding him up. That is when I felt my mental link to Arthur come back to me.

'Arthur?' I asked him through our mental link.

'I am here.' He responded. 'I had to do something privately, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you in the dark.'