Calm Before the Storm

(Six Months Later)

Today was Ellie and I's eighth birthday, and our parents told us we were just going to have a family party. However, I know that they are planning something bigger, but I won't ruin the surprise for Ellie. 

My core was now at the light yellow stage, which means I am extremely close to silver. Over the last year, Arthur has been training with me, and helping improve my sword skills. 

I have decided to go to Xyrus Academy, well I shouldn't say that. I felt more like I was forced into going, by Tessia, Arthur, Uncle Vincent, and my mother. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I wanted to become an adventurer. 

I believe at this moment the guests for our party were arriving, because my father had Ellie and I stay in our rooms while he set up something he wanted to show us. Ellie didn't realize, but it possibly was the worst lie he could have come up with.

"What do you think it is?" Ellie asked from her bed. I was standing against the wall waiting. She was in a white dress, and I was forced to wear this white button down with a black tie. I also had on these killer nice dress pants that I actually enjoyed wearing.

"Who knows?" I shrugged; I knew what was happening, so I didn't really feel anxious about what my father was doing. 

The door to Ellie's room opened and our father spoke. "Come to the main hall." The door closed and he left.

"Let's go." Ellie said getting up off her bed, I followed behind her as we made our way to the main hall. "Dad?"

Our father and mother were standing before the main hall's entrance way. "Come you two." We walked up to them, and my mother placed her hands over my eyes. I think dad did the same too, Ellie. "Walk forward."

Ellie and I walked on ahead and they turned us to most likely face the crowd of people here, and then my parents removed their hands. "Surprise!" People shouted from below and I felt a smile form on my face as Ellie and I departed down to them.

"Ellie, you look amazing." A girl that looked our age said to her. "Your brother is so handsome."

Ellie and I were standing next to each other as the party continued, and there were three girls in front of me, all our age. 

Our father began to speak again, he had a couple drinks I believe. "I would like to make an announcement before we keep this thing going." He paused and waited for everyone to quiet down. That's when I felt it, I laughed as I started to slip through the crowd. "Today, my two children, Ellie and Virion, turned eight, and I thank you all for coming and celebrating with us." I got to the door to the mansion and slipped out. The last thing I heard was. "Big brother and sister dance." At least I didn't have to dance.

"Tess." I called out to the Princess with her maid. Tessia turned and smiled at me. 

"Veer." She said something to her maid and walked over to me. "Happy birthday." She said as she hugged me. The maid got into the carriage as Tessia started to speak with me. "How did you know I was here?"

I smiled. "Really" I paused. "I can track people's blood even without being in my phase one, when I have been around them for a while."

"I see." I could hear clapping inside. "You should go back in; I'll see you at the academy."

"I guess you will." Since people were forcing me to go. "Why are you so afraid to see Arthur?" 

"I'm not, I want him to spend today with Ellie and you." Tessia was trying to be nice, but it wasn't necessary. "I'll see him at the academy, so it's fine." 

"You don't need to do that, Tess." I walked up the stairs. "But I understand, bye princess." 

"Bye, Veer."