His Return Pt. V

I started to clap my hands. "Beautiful, what a masterpiece." I said out loud on accident, turned to Tess who was looking at me weirdly, and then looked back up at Arthur.

"Veer, is that ---?" Tess stepped up next to me as everyone took in the sight before them.

"Princess, wait, it's not safe." Drogo told her, but she ignored him.

"Is it?" She turned to me, and I was the only one in the cavern smiling at that moment, she turned her head toward Arthur again, and called out to him. "Arthur!" His eyes didn't settle on her, but on me. "Arthur, is that you?!"

"Veer!" Arthur shouted from up on the throne, and I felt my body shiver. "What the hell are you doing here?!" My eyes widened as he spoke.

A white blur caught my eye and flew by me into Tessia's arms. "Sylvie!" Tess exclaimed as she held the dragon in her white fox form.

"Kyu!" Sylvie made some cute noise.

"Arthur?" Helen called out, and I watched as his eyes stayed focused on me, he pulled his teal blade out of the corpse of a dead mana beast, then he leapt down to the floor in front of us all.

"Art?" Tessia said, holding Sylvie close to her.

"Don't get mad." I instantly said, seeing as he was still staring. "Arthur, it's good to see you." I took a step towards him, and Drogo called out.

"S-state y-your business here!" He stuttered, scared by Arthur's aura.

I turned to Drogo. "It's my brother." I saw his eyes widen, and I felt Arthur start to walk toward me.

"Veer, what are you doing here in a dungeon?" He spoke coldly as I faced him, he stood now two yards from me, and every soldier currently in the cavern was silent, frozen in fear, confusion, and aww.

"So, long story, I joined the war." I sent him a smile, and then shrugged. "There's a lot you need to be caught up on." He was covered in blue blood, and he was wearing a cloak like me.

"No." Arthur said and turned to Helen. "Helen, my father let Veer join the war?"

"He did." I answered for her. "Now, be happy to see me." I walked up and hugged my brother, something I had been waiting to do for a while. "I missed you."

Arthur fell silent and embraced my hug, then spoke again. "I missed you too, Veer, I am sorry, we'll discuss this whole you joining the war later." I pulled away from him and nodded my head.

I saw him shoot a smile at Tess, and the Twin Horns came rushing over to him. "Arthur, you're back!" Angela exclaimed, Adam and Durden gave him a pat on the back.

"Art." Helen said and hugged him.

"It's good to see you all." Arthur said as he stood next to me now. "You are coming back to the castle with me." He whispered into my ear.

"Not now." I waved him off. "Let's get back to the base then." I was planning on coming with him, there was nothing here for me now. Tessia was keeping her space from him, which I got, his aura and demeanor weren't open, they were cold. "Arthur, maybe pull your aura back, some people in here can't deal with it."

"My bad." I felt my brother try and sense my core level as his aura disappeared. 

"That's not going to work." I told him as I began to exit the room, the soldiers were still staring at us. "Drogo, the Twin Horns and I are going to take my brother back, there's no need for a report, he killed them all, I sensed it a while ago."

"O-okay." Drogo said as I walked past him, he trusted me.

"Let's go." I motioned for Arthur to come, and Sylvie flew to me. "Sylvie, it's good to see you." I held her in my arms and began to pet her ears.