Party Pt. II

"His Beast Will?" Claire asked us. I knew about it, Grandfather told me, his Beast Will is corrupted with an Alacryan virus or something, and his mind is damaged.

"His Beast Will is corrupted." I told her, not knowing if Kathyln knew everything. "It's causing him to lose his mind, he's trying to deal with it, and a lot of people are searching for a cure, but I know he isn't always in the right state of mind."

This seemed to confuse Claire a little, Kathyln didn't really react, she didn't talk that much. "What? Why is he in the field then? I have to imagine fighting and killing, will cause him more damage."

"It will." I answered again. "But look at what he is doing, he killed two Retainers, I think they feel like they can't remove him from the field."

That's when I noticed my grandfather walk on to the stage, and he turned to the room, and flicked something on his robe he was wearing. "Everyone." His voice projected, and everyone went silent. "Thank you all for coming today, as most of you know, three of our Lances went toe to toe with three Retainers from Alacrya, and won."

The people started to chatter, probably about the battle, they already knew we had won, but it was a big deal. The people know that these Retainers and Scythes are their most powerful mages, so taking them down was a big deal.

"Now, I don't want to make a big speech, I just want all of you to enjoy your time here and celebrate this enormous victory our Lances have brought to us." My Grandfather, the Commander of Dicathen, smiled and then motioned to the side of the stage. "Now, please welcome the three Lances that gave us this victory, Lance Aya, Lance Arthur, and Lance Virion."

The three Lances walked out onto the stage, they were all wearing a white suit with golden gems, dazzling the crowd, and everyone was on their feet, clapping, celebrating their appearance.

"Look at Arthur and Veer." Claire said. "They look so formal."

"I know." I said as I stared at Arthur.

"Have you told Arthur how you feel?" Claire asked me, and I felt my face blush a little, and I turned to her. "Of course, we all know Tessia, it's pretty obvious."

My face was red, but my grandfather spoke again. "Feast, talk, have fun, this is a celebration, enjoy yourselves. We will be showing off what these Retainers look like later." He nodded his head, and everyone began to chat once again.

I went back to what Claire said. "Well, you know Arthur, he isn't the greatest with people and his emotions." I noticed that music began to play, and people began to gather in the center to dance. "But I have, we spoke a little about it, and I am fine with what he had to say, I know he is going through a lot."

"You should speak with him tonight." Claire said, and that's when Kathyln backed away from us.

"I am going to go see my father and mother." Kathyln told us, and then started to walk away. She didn't say anything else, or even give us a chance to say goodbye, but she was like that.

Claire looked at me weirdly, then spoke again. "Back to what I said, you should speak with Arthur tonight, you know, love is a very powerful motivation to make someone stronger." My face was still red, I was trying to control it, but could not.

"Claire, let's not talk about this." That's when my eyes drifted to Veer. "What the?" I questioned what I was seeing.

"What?" Claire asked, turned to what I was looking at. "Who is with Veer?"

Standing next to Veer, was a girl with horns in a black dress, she had blonde hair, and looked very cute. "No way." For some reason, one name came to mind. "Sylvie?" Could that be Arthur's bond?