First Day

(One Week Later)

I woke up to my mother shaking me. "It's time to go." I rolled away from her. "Veer, wake up."

I slowly lifted my head off of my pillows. "It's morning already?"

"Yeah, get changed dear, your carriage is here." My mother placed the battle mage Xyrus Academy uniform on my bed and left.

I got out of bed and washed my face, then changed into my uniform. Arthur was going as a scholar student, whereas Elijah and I were battle mages. I asked to be placed in the higher classes, otherwise they were going to be extremely boring.

I made my way to the main hall, where my family was saying their goodbyes already to Arthur and Elijah. "Here he is." Ellie had the bow on her back, that she got from Tessia.

"I'm ready." I told them as I started to hug everyone.

As I said my goodbyes and got into the carriage, my mom left me with one last comment. "Veer, I swear if you burn down that school." This made Ellie and my father laugh. Uncle Vincent acted like it was a possibility, and Aunty Tabitha nodded.

"Mom!" I said as I closed the door.

"Are you excited, Veer?" Elijah asked me.

I sighed. "No."

"Why?"

"Who know?" I looked at Arthur. "I can't believe you are actually going as a Scholar."

"I have no need to fight." Arthur answered honestly.

"We both know you're going to end up in trouble somehow." Elijah chimed in.

It was about a twenty minute ride, but as we got there, we got out of the carriage and started walking into the school. I could feel the eyes on me already for being so young.

"Don't mind them." Elijah placed a hand on my shoulder. "We got your back." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Arthur and I will beat up anyone who tries to bully you."

"Elijah, he can do that on his own." Arthur said deadpan.

"True."

"That kid has to be like seven years old." A student said, and I turned and glared at them. They immediately stopped looking at me.

We made our way into an auditorium with a bunch of students in it. Sylvie was currently on my head for some reason, as we took our seats.

We listened to Director Goodsky talk, and then she introduced the president, Tessia. She gave us a wonderful speech about how we needed to unite as one, and then after told us to walk around the campus.

"Did you see her, Arthur, she was beautiful." Elijah said with sparkling eyes.

"Elijah." I said. "Just stop."

"Haha." Arthur laughed.

"What? She was." Elijah pleaded, as we heard a scuffle going down. "What's going on?"

We walked over and saw a student bullying another student. The one was on the ground, and the other was standing over top of him.

"Hey! Is that the President over there!" Arthur shouted and I smiled.

The guy immediately backed away, and looked around, then to Arthur. "Hey! You! We were in the middle of a fight!" The boy walked up to Arthur.

"The fight was over." Arthur said plainly. "Looked like you one."

"You first year scholar students better learn your place, or someone will teach it to you." The student turned away from Arthur, and Sylvie, still on top of my head, spit at the kid, hitting him in the head. He turned to me, and I pointed at Arthur's bond. "Oh, that's it." He went to draw his sword but was stopped by Tessia.