chapter 56

The last two days in hawaii were amazing. But i still couldn't get over the fact i was going back home engaged. I don't know how my dad wil re act, but im hoping its a good reaction. Diggy had Roger pick us up from the airport and take us back home. He had to go in for a few hours so i decided to Skype my dad and tell him the news.

Dad- hey sweetie.

Veronica- hey dad..are you busy?

Dad- i'm actually in the studio right now.

Verobica-with???

Dad-*laughs* Donald just left. Im waiting on Chance right now.

Veronica-oh..okay.

Dad- how's the house?

Veronica-everything is great..me and diggy just got back from our trip to Hawaii.

Dad-oh that's right how was that?

Veronica- it..it was honestly the best trip i've ever been on..

Dad-really? Why is that?

Veronica- diggy. He um set up this dinner on the beach for us..kinda like our first date but i don't think it was his intentions...but um after dinner we talk a walk and he asked me to mary him..

Dad- oh wow. That's nice..what'd you say?

Veronica- i said yes .

Dad- why don't you seem excited..?

Veronica- its surreal dad.. i never would have thought me and diggy would have made it this far..

Dad-are you happy?

Veronica- yes im happy..im very happy.

Dad- do you regret saying yes?

Veronica- i don't regret it...

Dad-but..?

Veronica- i'm scared..and i messed up in the past he doesn't know anything about it..i just don't want it coming back to mess everything up.

Dad- so this is about you fucking up and you don't want it coming and messing shit up with you and him?

Veronica-*covers face* when you put it that way..i feel awful.

Dad-veronica look at me..im not saying anything to hurt you, or piss you off. If you don't want it messing it up don't think about it.

Veronica-*wipes tears* dad i can't not think about it..

Dad- stop crying..its probably better for you to talk to him then.

Veronica-what if he calls it off..then what?

Dad-its his lost. You are 20 damn near 21 if mess up you should fix it. Or if it never comes up quit thinking about it. He has you now and you have him, if he loves you as much as he tells me he does, he won't let you get away that easily.

Veronica- i hope..

Dad- think twice next time okay? I have to go, Chance is here.

I quickly wipped my face and my dad turned the camera on chance and the guy next to him.

Chance- yoo, wassup veronica.

Veronica-*laughs* hey ..who's that?

He looked up from his phone it was Mac Miller. Oh lord i thought i was going to faint.

Chance- oh that's-

Veronica- Mac Miller..yeah i know.

Mac-*laughs waves* hey how you doing.