004

-------- °° --------
[ 1.4 ]
❛Family❜
-------- °° --------

Jungkook watched as Haru ran over to the Slytherins, taking a seat next to the devil himself

Jungkook watched as Haru ran over to the Slytherins, taking a seat next to the devil himself. Jungkook couldn't help but wonder how someone who seems so kind, could be friends with someone like him?

"How is someone as nice as her in Slytherin?" Taehyung leaned over and whispered to Jungkook. He was thinking the exact same thing. He only shrugged his shoulders in response though, as he too had no idea.

"Congrats little brother!" A voice came from behind the two newly sorted Gryffindors. Two tall boys stood behind them, patting both Taehyung and Jungkook on the back like they were greeting old friends.

"Oh hey! You're the boy from the station who couldn't find platform 9 and 3/4." The dark haired one pointed out before laughing, which sounded an awful lot like the window cleaners window wipers, the man who cleaned the Dursley's house windows back in London.

Jungkook just awkwardly smiled before giving a little wave to the two taller figures.

"Jin. Namjoon? What are you both doing here?" Taehyung asked them. Jungkook wondered how he knew the pairs names and Taehyung must of caught on to his confused aura as he introduced them to Jungkook.

"Jungkook, this is Jin and Namjoon my older brothers who are in their third year already. Boys this is Jungkook, my friend." All three shook hands before they took seats at either side of the two youngest.

"Well congratulations on getting into Gryffindor boys. This is the best house hands down, especially better than them slimy Slytherins over there." Jin grimaced at the mere thought of them.

'They couldn't be that bad could they?' Jungkook wondered as he glanced over towards the green houses table.

"Oh bloody hell, looks like we've got a park amongst us this year Jin." Namjoon groans. Jungkook followed his gaze only to see Park Jimin chatting away with Lee Haru and a pale boy. It looked to be serious as he had a stern expression on his face, while the other two listened intently. Although Jungkook did see Haru roll her eyes and turn away from him.

"What's so bad about the Parks?" He asked, although he figured he could guess the answer.

"They're foul, the whole family. I heard both his father and aunt are locked away in Azkaban as they served you know who. However, his father the sly bastard managed to get free without being caught or serve any punishments." Jin starts.

"They're all compulsive liars who will stop at nothing to be at the top, and by the looks of it... they have raised their son to be like that too." Jungkook looked back over at Jimin to see him already staring at the group with a harsh glare.

Jungkook gulped and looked away, scared to look at him any longer or else it looks like he would actually Avada kedavra his ass into oblivion.

—•••—

"Lee Haru, allow me to introduce my dear cousin Min Yoongi to you." Jimin gestured to the pale, dark haired boy from earlier. Haru quick to realise why they looked so familiar with each other.

Yoongi only saluted at Haru before going back to his reading. She looked over at Jimin weirdly, but he only shrugged his shoulders in response. It was clear to Haru that the boy wasn't much of a talker, or rather he'd be left alone in peace whilst he read his book which seemed far more interesting than what was going on around him.

Haru could understand why...

The brunette busied herself by beginning to load up her plates with various foods on display in front of her. Her mouth watered at the sights and before she even knew it, her plate was stacked with mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, sausages wrapped in bacon and some carrots for good measure - simply because her parents would have her head of they were to find she had no longer been eating her vegetables. 

Jimin too had done the same, his plate similar to hers. However, he helped himself to a chicken leg as well as a decent serving of stuffing which he loved.

Although, something was missing...

Jimins dark irises eyed the jug of steaming hot gravy, hot to the touch and so he leant over the wooden table and picked it up using its small handle. Haru watched as he poured the brown liquidy goodness over his food like the cherry on top of the cake.

Noticing her stare, Jimin glances at her. "Would you like some Lee?" He asked, referring to the gravy in which he lifted slightly higher in the air for exaggeration.

Haru nodded and so Jimin kindly poured the gravy over her own serving of food, pouring until the food on her plate was not swimming but practically drowning in gravy... just how she liked it.

"Enough?" He checked with her to see if his pouring skills was adequate for her in which she smiled in answer. "Yes indeed. Thankyou Park." She expressed her gratitude before the girl used the metal cutlery now in her hand to tuck into her generous helping.

The two began eating and almost let out a pleasant sound of acceptance upon the explosion of warm and tasteful flavours dancing around in their mouths and on their tastebuds. They were impressed...

"If the food remains this good over the next seven years then there is no way I'll ever be returning home... this is much better than anything my mother has cooked." Haru shares her appreciation by unintentionally insulting her mother. However, it was no lie, her mother couldn't cook for sugar.

Jimin nodded his head whilst he shovelled another forkful of stuffing into his mouth. "I agree, it is ridiculously good surprisingly." He 'complimented' with his mouth still full of food, chewing rather ungraciously.

"Although there is one thing I still hate and that is..."

Why Jimin had felt the sudden need and urge to bring up his strong dislike for something she knew all too well considering they had only known each other for a few hours. That is why she answered:

"Gryffindors." With the roll of her eyes and lack of tone in her voice, simply wanting to enjoy her food without hearing Jimin making petty comments for at least five minutes... was that too much to ask?

"Indeed." He failed to hide his smile as he stared at the Gryffindors table across from theirs. "I hate Gryffindors, they're so far up their own asses you won't be able to seem to find them. They think they're all it, but I'll show them that no one can beat a Slytherin, especially Park Jimin." He gushed proudly.

Haru rolled her eyes again at his childishness, not in the mood to hear his complaints once again. She had already got an earful on the train.

However annoying the boy may be though, Haru had to keep asking herself, why make friends with a Park if all people? There family is nothing but trouble and did she really want to entangle herself in their dysfunctional web. Although, no matter how dumb it may sound, she wasn't bothered by his family name all that much compared to most. He couldn't be that bad, besides she had seen how lonely and lost he looked sat alone on the train, so she thought it'd be nice to help him out.

Haru already knew he would have difficulty making friends throughout his time at Hogwarts and it makes her sad to think that. Just because of his name everyone cowers in fear. If he was surely bad, he wouldn't of let her sit down today, yes he said no but clearly it was an act, otherwise he would of cursed her into the back of the train, far away from him.

So Haru made a promise to herself, the promise was that she was going to stay by his side wether he likes it or not, because everyone needs a friend.