010

-------- °° --------
[ 1.10 ]
❛Christmas Break❜
-------- °° --------

"Don't you think I want to be like a Slytherin Park!" Haru called angrily at the boy who she had found at the astronomy tower

In no such way would she let him or anyone for that matter talk down on her like that, friend or not. Her parents raised her to speak up when she believed something was wrong, and that's exactly what she will do now.

"I can't change who I am Park! I don't know why I even got sorted into Slytherin, heck I don't even know why I wanted to be in Slytherin after finding it's filled with manipulative, egotistic and selfish brats!" Haru screamed at the boy, although upset she was angry at the way he spoke to her before, and words she didn't mean, were just slipping out her mouth.

Jimin stopped in his steps and hastily turned towards her, a look of anger etched on his face. "You take that back!" He seethed at the girl.

"No! I can't change who I am Park, especially for someone like you and if you don't like it then fine, we are no longer friends." Haru spat before turning around and began to walk away from him.

Those last words she spoke made Jimin come down from his high horse - he couldn't lose her, she was his only friend other than Yoongi, but he was also family.

"Lee wait!" Jimin grabbed her wrist to stop her from advancing further and turned her back to face him. He looked down with a softer, almost scared look in his eyes this time.

"Please, still be my friend." He pleaded. Yes Park Jimin pleads. He wasn't going to lose the only other person who sees him as Jimin and not Park Jimin.

"Why should I be friends with someone who's nice to me one minute and then treats me like a piece of dirt on the ground the next." She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry okay." He apologised. "I was just angry. Why do you always go to them?" Jimin whispered the last part, although Haru still caught it.

"They're my friends Jimin wether you like it or not, but you're my best friend! I'd choose you over them any day. Why can't you see that? I know you hate them, but you don't see me being horrible to you, I wouldn't dare. It's just not me." Haru sighed after the last sentence as it was true, and Jimin knew it too.

"Do you know the reason why I wanted you to stick around with me Lee?" Haru looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders as she really didn't know why.

"Because you don't care about stereotypes or people's backgrounds. You just don't care and I needed that in someone. I only have Yoongi. Crabbe and Goyle are just some peasants who bow down to me cause they are afraid of me, but you... You knew who I was and you didn't care, you don't care that my family are bad and you never will." Jimin smiles sweetly at her, while little Haru was blushing embarrassed.

Jimin couldn't even believe the words that were spilling out of his mouth right now. If his mum was here, she would be so proud of him, but if it was his father he would probably be scolded for talking nice to someone. His father believed everyone and anyone were below them, and showing kindness was an act of weakness, but when Jimin is kind to Haru he feels really happy. So why is it so bad to be kind?

"I'm sorry okay, I was just angry that you had nearly gotten killed once again because of them Gryffindors. I know you're friends with them, but don't expect me to be getting all up and cozy with them. No thankyou." Jimin and Haru laughed, whilst Jimin threw his arm around the girls shoulder as they walked back to their common room.

—•••—

After the little episode the two Slytherins shared, it only brought them closer. For the last month, Jimin found himself always seeking Harus company. Even Yoongi too, as Haru became a lot more sassy since she met Yoongi. The two have been bonding over him teaching her how to be mean.

Believe me, you don't want to mess with her now or else she'll roast you with the same fire Yoongi spits. In fact Jimins scared of her now, especially when saying she's wrong because boy does she get mad, but he secretly likes it though, as she reminds him more of himself now.

Nothing major happened at the castle after the troll incident, so everything ran smoothly. In fact there's rumours flying round that Jungkook might be Gryffindors new seeker, which Jimin wasn't too happy about.

But Christmas break soon arrived and the students were much too excited for a break, in fact Haru would be going away with her parents over Christmas, though she promised to still write to her friends. Even Jimin promised to write, much to her and even Yoongis surprise.

When Haru arrived home, her parents were so enthralled with all her tales, however they were sceptical of her befriending the park boy, however they knew their little girl was smart and would definitely sort the good from bad friends so they trusted her.

Over Christmas she kept in touch with the three Gryffindors a lot, even Jin and Namjoon sent her letters a few times telling her about their recent ideas and pranks, which definitely brightened her mood.

However, the same couldn't be said for Jimin and Yoongi. She only spoke to them once or twice much to her disappointment, hoping they were okay.

Little did Haru know, Jimins father prevented him from sending his owl out over the Christmas period, as he claimed it would only distract the boy from his studies. So the poor boy spent his Christmas locked away in his room, studying.

Yoongi felt sorry for him and came round to visit him many times, however he was always shut out by Lucius Park himself before he even set foot through the front door.