Power

Korra had left with Asami to go and take care of some important Avatar duties. Sukara thought it best to stay behind with Bolin and Mako.

Mako was interested to see how powerful a bender she was so he took her to the training gym.

"So, what's your story?" Bolin asked as he took a seat to let Mako and Sukara spar.

"It's not that interesting really," Sukara decided to lie, she couldn't trust that they wouldn't attack or tell Korra, "I've lived in the South Pole all my life and now I'm heading out to see what the world looks like."

Mako took advantage of the distraction and fired a blast towards Sukara. He was sure he had the upper hand, but Sukara seemed unphased. She ducked out of the way before bending water out of the buckets and whipping Mako across the arm.

He looked taken aback by it. Bolin just laughed.

"Hey, you're really good at that," Bolin laughed, "but, does this mean you're gonna leave?"

"Well maybe at some point," Sukara told him as Mako tried to attack again but she spun out of the way of the blast, "but I haven't seen the city yet."

Getting frustrated with her lack of effort, Mako threw an aggressive blast straight for her. Sukara's head whipped round so that she could defend herself better. She brought her feet together sharply and twisted her hands in a neat circle. The water moved with her and encased the fire blast, extinguishing it. As far as Bolin and Mako knew, that was all an advanced water bending move, only Sukara had to be aware of the fire bending needed to stop the fireball.

"I knew you were going easy on me," he smiled, not even angry that she showed off some of her skill, "that's not fair."

"Well I just met you," Sukara said with a smirk, "if I attack and hurt you now, you might never speak to me again."

"You offended Asami like 20 minutes after you met her," Bolin said with a slight frown, confused by her logic.

"That was an accident," Sukara said quickly, the guilt reminding her of its existence in her chest, "and I am sorry about it."

"It's alright," Mako told her, walking over to them, "and I appreciate the sentiment but there's really no need. We were sparing."

"Yeah, you don't win unless you put him on his ass," Bolin joked, getting up off of the floor, "and I personally would like to see it."

Sukara laughed at their friendly sibling bantering. She could remember when her and her brother were like that. They had been close before she had decided to go down the wrong path.

As they were talking Korra burst in followed by Asami. She was obviously upset about something.

"Just because of some stupid vines," Korra huffed as she walked in with Asami.

"I know it's frustrating Korra but we need to think about this," Asami told her, trying to calm her down.

"Why can't they just live with the vines?" she said as Sukara, Bolin and Mako waited for an explanation, "the spirits live here now. They should deal with it."

They pair looked over at the rest of the group who were standing, staring at them.

"I'm being expelled from the city," Korra said angrily.

"But, Tenzin said that we can stay with him on Air Temple Island," Asami told them, trying to put light on a bad situation.

"I guess it's time for Sukara to see a different part of the city," Bolin said.