We'll Find Her

After the spirits attacked, Korra managed to get them to calm down. It had been tough with so many of them but, they got there in the end, especially with Asami and Kuvira's help. They had fought them off for long enough so that Korra could use her spirit bending on them.

Korra sat with her head in her hands, perched on a fallen tree, trying to understand what had just happened. The spirit energy had affected the both of them, it felt like the fog had just lifted in her head. But, it seemed like it had affected Sukara more violently. Perhaps it was because the spirits were angry, Korra thought, Wan did say that the dark spirits aligned more with Vaatu.

"Are you alright?" Asami asked, placing a hand on Korra's shoulder.

"Yeah," Korra muttered, lifting her head. She turned to check on Kuvira for a moment, she was leaning against a tree a few metres away from them. She looked worried, and confused just like they were.

"Don't worry," Asami told her, leaning down, placing a kiss on the top of her head, "I'll go check on her."

--

Kuvira's eyes moved with the movement coming towards her. She looked up to see Asami approaching her.

"She didn't mean it," Kuvira said as Asami came closer, trying to defend her girlfriend even though what just happened didn't make much sense to her either, "I know what it looked like but she's not like that. I know she's not."

"We know," Asami said gently, calming Kuvira's panic before she thought that they were about the turn on each other, "she should calm down now that this spirit mess is over. We'll find her Kuvira, don't worry."

"Sukara, she's having nightmares," Kuvira told her, deciding to confide in Asami, "she's been having them a lot and won't tell me what they are. She wakes up shaking. I don't know what to do."

Asami frowned, thinking for a moment. If Sukara had been having nightmares for a while, the spirit energy that had been affecting Korra for the past two days might not be the whole story.

"Let's go and find her first," Asami suggested, taking a deep breath. She'd have to think about it later. "We'll take it one step at a time."

Kuvira nodded, worry and concern still written all over her face. The group was clearly shaken. Having Sukara basically attack them like that was not something they had expected.

"And thank you," Kuvira said, her voice shaky and soft, "for not hating me and bringing me along."

"I did that for Sukara, not you," Asami told her, letting her honest feelings be known, "don't get me wrong, we are not friends. I will never forgive you for what you did to my father."

"I don't expect you to," Kuvira said, a little intimidated. Having the height advantage Asami was able to make Kuvira feel very small.

"But," Asami sighed, stepping back, deciding to let her grievances go for now. "Something is wrong with Sukara and she's hurting right now, so we're not going to leave her out in the forest alone. And for some reason she loves you, I don't know why but she does so, we can't leave you either."

Kuvira froze. She had nothing else to say. Her and Sukara hadn't said "I love you" yet. It had been a sore subject in both of their pasts so they had been waiting but, hearing out loud made Kuvira wonder why.