Back To You

Going on a mission with Korra and their friends seemed like a great way to think over her situation in a relaxing manner, unfortunately for Sukara, their first stop was Zaofu.

She had no idea what she would say to Kuvira, she had no idea if Kuvira wanted to see her. It had barely been two days since the wedding, what if Kuvira hadn't told Baatar, or if she didn't want to. Sukara felt so unprepared for the visit. She tried to keep reminding herself that she was working but she couldn't keep this out of her head.

Someone had called ahead as Su and a proportion of the Beifong family were all waiting for them.

Even though she was scared, there was only one face Sukara cared about seeing. Her hair was pinned tightly into place as she stood tall with her hand positioned behind her back. Kuvira looked tired as she stood behind Su.

Once her eyes met Sukara's she smiled, allowing a wave of relief to flood over Sukara. Sukara gave her a soft smile back but, it didn't last as she noticed Baatar standing next to her. He had clearly noticed her as well as he had reached over and took Kuvira's hand. Sukara looked away from them, not wanting let the image form in her mind. She hated the idea of it. The scowl that sat on her face was giving Kuvira mixed feelings. It entertained her slightly at how easy it was to make her jealous but it also made her feel guilty because now Sukara looked upset.

"I'm sure you're all very busy," Su announced, breaking Kuvira's train of thought as she began to talk to everyone, not just her sister, "and of course we will help you search the city and get any information we can on Guan and his whereabouts. But I do hope you can still enjoy your visit."

"It's always a pleasure Su," Korra smiled, "maybe me and Bolin could have a game of power disc with Wei and Wing while we're here."

Su smiled and looked like she was going to say something but Lin cut in before she could.

"But as Su said, we are very busy," she told them, glaring across the row of young adults that stood next to her, "and we will be getting on with what we came here for."

They all nodded back at her, Bolin had to nudge Sukara to get her attention but she gave Lin the okay as well.

"Right, you probably want to get started then Lin," Su sighed, feeling a little sorry the rest of them who didn't seem to be as up tight about the visit as Lin was, "follow me then."

Su turned and walked through the big  doors to the Beifong estate, the rest following behind her. Kuvira made sure to step back and let everyone past, even letting go of Baatar so that he would follow behind his mother. She wanted to talk to Sukara, and she knew that she wouldn't be honest with her with everyone around so she needed to talk to her in private.