Up The Mountain

The group of ten had walked most of the way up the mountain where Lin's Intel had told them that Guan would be. It wasn't a hard climb but it was quite a distance so they were all a little tired as the dragged their feet up the stones.

"How much further?" Bolin complained, he was at the back of the group, dramatically dragging his feet along the path.

"Shut up," Lin told him as they came over a ledge. As she stepped up, Lin immediately stepped back having seen people walking around.

"But Chief--" Bolin started to complain again, not really paying attention to what everyone else is doing. He walked straight into the back of Mako, cutting himself off as he looked around at everyone else. "What's going on?"

"There are people over there," Mako whispered, pulling his brother down behind a rock with the rest of the them, "we're trying to see if their with Guan."

"It looks like it," Lin told them, ducking back down, "about six of them from what I can see, all in uniform."

"Then we can take them easily," Sukara smirked, going to light up her hand but nothing happened.

She frowned down at it and tried again. Everyone now watching her hand, she shook it trying to make something happen.

"What is this?" Sukara asked, looking up at the group, "why can't I bend?"

"Are you feeling okay?" Kuvira asked, reaching out and checking Sukara's forehead.

"I feel fine," she told her, looking back down at her hand as she tried to fire bend again.

Mako and Korra tried the same. Nothing. They all looked around at each other, an array of confused frowns on all of the faces.

"Is it possible that Guan could have built a bending blocker?" Kuvira asked, trying to think through the possible ways this could have happened.

"With the brainwashing tech," Asami said, a thoughtful expression on her face, "a mental block frequency, inhibiting the flow of the chi may be possible, theoretically. And if he knew there were two avatars coming after him he'd want to make it an even field so he'd have motive."

"What's fairer than no bending for anyone?" Kuvira smirked, happy that her theory had grounds.

"If it's true," Asami said, nodding as she spoke, "we're going to need to shut it down. A diversion would be good, the machine is likely to be guarded."

"No problem," Sukara smirked before standing and hoping over the ledge towards the people they were hiding from.

"Su--" Kuvira began, trying to grab her on her way past. Kuvira could only sigh as she watched her girlfriend strutting towards a group of very confused soldiers.

"I guess that means you team is the distraction Tenzin," Lin chuckled, giving Tenzin a soft punch on the shoulder.

Bolin smiled, equally as excited as Sukara was as he hopped over the ledge with Kai to follow her.

"Shut it down," Asami said to Kuvira, looking her in the eye to give her some reassurance, "I'm trusting you to do this."

"I've got it," Kuvira gave a weak smile, "I'll smash it if I have to."

Asami smiled back at her as she nodded and jumped over the ledge after the others.

"Sometimes Lin, I get worried about how littles these kids care about their own safety," Tenzin sighed as he stood and stepped up onto the ledge, "get that machine sorted quickly please."