What?

Sukara stood from her seat, leaving Wei and Wang lounging on the couch.

"I have to go to work," Sukara told them as they looked up at her, "Korra should be here soon but, could you watch them please."

"Sure," Wei smiled, resting his arms on the back of the sofa.

"How hard can it be?" Wang shrugged, "it's three kids."

Sukara chuckled a little as she went to leave the room, knowing that her kids had a tendency to make mischief.

#####

It was a change of pace, teaching adults in advanced bending, than teaching kids the basics. It was definitely more interesting, even with just their personal drama.

Sukara was cleaning up after a firebending class when a student of hers came to see her.

"Sifu," she said, making Sukara turn around, "do you have a moment?"

"Of course," Sukara smiled, glancing down to see that the girl was carrying a bundle in her arms, "what's on your mind Taroh?"

"Well," she said, letting out a heavy sigh, "you know how air benders are, all caring and compassionate and I'll love you forever and then they fly away. Element of freedom and all."

"I'm guessing that means you and your boyfriend aren't doing so well," Sukara chuckled, "and he wasn't an air nomad, he just happened to have air bending. I think his flightiness was his own doing."

"I guess," Taroh gave a weak smile as she shifted the bundle in her arms, "but that still doesn't help me with this."

Taroh shifted the bundle so that Sukara could get a better look.

"Taroh, that's a baby," Sukara said, her eyebrows raised in shock as the little face looked up at her.

"I know," Taroh said, the worry on her face becoming more prominent, "but I don't know what to do. I thought I could manage with him there but now he's gone, I know I'm not ready."

"It's okay," Sukara told her, pulling out a chair, "come sit down, we'll talk about it. You'll be alright. Just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do. Do you need help? Someone to talk to?"

"No, I can't take care of him," Taroh told her, "I'm a fire bender and I can't combat his air bending. He sneezes and he wrecks the apartment, I can't afford to replace things all the time and I don't have the mental capacity to deal with this."

"Take a breath," Sukara said, taking her hand, "if you want to give him up you need to be sure. It's your decision and I'll support you but I don't want you to do this in a panic."

"I get it, which is why I came to you," Taroh said, looking down at the baby in her arms, "I want you to take him."

"What?"

"You're an air bender," Taroh explained before Sukara had time to think too much into it, "you can help him with it. And I know you've got three kids already but, you've got three kids already. You're in a parental mindset, I'm not. His name is Azaaro, after my father, I know it's fire nation name but his father wanted to call him Zaheer so I thought this was better."

"Its a beautiful name," Sukara smiled, "besides, I wanted to call one of  my boys Azulon after my... Uh... Friend, but apparently that name holds some other meanings now so my wife didn't let me."

"Yeah, I can see why," Taroh chuckled, shifting her hands so that she could hand Azaaro over to Sukara, "please, will you take him?"

Sukara sighed as she looked at her now calm student, "listen, let's make a deal okay? While he's still little and won't remember any of this, I'll say that I'll look after him for you, but I won't have you mess him around once he's older. So I'll have to draw the line at some point. I support you, and I want you to know that you can always see him. I don't want you to wake up tomorrow after a proper night's sleep and think fuck that was a mistake. But if you get yourself sorted and you still don't want him that's okay. I'll take him."

"Thank you Sifu."