Don't

The spirit took Sukara into the forest at the edge of the village. It lead her through the trees until they began to hear voices. She told it to slow and tred quietly so that the people wouldn't run away. When they got close enough, she saw the problem. The machetes and axes. They were cutting down the trees. Two men stood cutting away into the wood only making Sukara and the spirit angrier.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sukara growled, the spirit feeling the anger flow through the both of them, turning it back to dark.

The two men spun around, almost falling as they flung themselves back trying to get away. Sukara was quick, but not enough for the both of them. She managed to pull one of them back with air bending but the other was gone. No matter, Sukara thought, you have one.

She caught him as the man flew back to her, holding him by the front of his clothes just above her head. "Well?"

"I'm sorry," he begged, just wanting to get away from her.

Sukara rolled her eyes with an angry sigh then, she threw him against one of the trees. She concentrated just for a moment while she bent the wood across his body, encasing him mostly in the tree but just enough so that she could still talk to him.

"What are you doing?" the man asked, panicking, "how did you do that?"

"Why were you cutting down the trees?" Sukara demanded, ignoring his question.

"We just wanted more space," he explained as he struggled in the wood, "more people come to the village every year, we just wanted some more room to expand. We weren't going cut the whole thing down."

"You wanted more space?" Sukara repeated, not impressed with his excuse at all, "and what if the spirits wanted more space? Should they come and knock your houses down?"

"No, I--" the man started but Sukara wasn't about to let him finish. She bent the wood to let him out of the tree dropping him to the floor. With a quick and hard step, Sukara trapped the man on his knees in the Earth.

"Please," he begged, tears starting to pool in his eyes, "don't hurt me. It wasn't even my idea. Please."

"Don't worry," Sukara told him, an eerie calmness in her tone as she produced a long white hot flame from her hand, "you're not going to hurt anything, ever again."

The flame held steady and sharp like a dagger as she brought it closer to him. Fortunately for the man, the others had caught up with them.

"Sukara don't!" Korra called as they came upon the situation.

"Korra, not everything has to be solved," Sukara snarled, barely even turning to look at her, "some problems just need to be eliminated."

"This is not who we are," Korra told her as she approached.

"He deserves to die!" Sukara shouted, her temper waring thin.

"He cut down a tree!" Korra shouted back, clearly getting riled up by the situation as well. Her tone calmed but, only a little bit, "What happen to I don't wanna hurt people, huh?"

"Maybe I changed my mind," Sukara said, a challenging tone in her voice as she faced Korra properly.

"Sukara please," Kuvira said, stepping in between the two Avatars. Her voice was soft and gentle as she tried to calm Sukara down. "what you're doing, it isn't just effecting you anymore."

The group had gained the attention of several dark spirits, they held back just behind the trees, waiting for instructions from their maker.

"I know you don't want this," Kuvira continued, reaching out for her girlfriend.

"They deserve justice," Sukara said quietly, gesturing towards the spirits.

"I won't let you hurt him," Korra told her firmly, gaining her a glare from Sukara.

Sukara brushed Kuvira's hand off of her arm, and took a step past the man. She turned to face the spirits that were growling behind the trees.

"As you see fit," she told them, her voice cold and indifferent, "he is yours."

She stamped the ground freeing the man as she set the spirits on him. Making no attempt to calm them or stop them from hurting him.

The commotion allowed Sukara to slip away without the rest of the quartet following her. They called after her as they tried to protect the man and fight the spirits but, she didn't look back. She just wanted to be away from everything, the angry spirits made Vaatu more prevalent in her mind and besides, that man had a friend that got away.