Iroh Senior

Crouched down, Sukara tried to keep Kuvira as happy as possible. She seemed to be quite a volatile child and she didn't want another tantrum before they figured out what she had to do to reverse this.

"Okay, this way," Sukara chirped, standing and holding out her hand for Kuvira to hold.

"No way," Kuvira argued, folding her arms and shaking her head, "that ways all dark and scary."

"That's because you're scared," Sukara told her, getting back down to her level, "take a deep breath, and imagine it being light."

"I'm not going down there," Kuvira protested, backing up as she dug her heels in.

Sukara sighed and reached out to stop her, Kuvira struggled as Sukara held onto her wrist.

"Come on," Sukara said, looping her arms around her and lifting her up.

"No, put me down," Kuvira complained as Sukara took them both into the darker part of the forest.

Sukara knew where they were going, the darkness wouldn't last long, so carrying her through it was the fastest and easiest option.

As they exited the forest, Kuvira was hitting on Sukara's shoulder but Sukara just ignored it the best she could. A smile broke out on her face as she spotted the person she had wanted to see. She gave a wave to Iroh senior as she approached the table where he usually was.

"Sukara," he smiled as they got closer, "who's your friend?"

"Uh this is actually my wife," Sukara said a little uncomfortably, putting Kuvira down, "she is normally an adult, yes it is really weird for me too. Can you help?"

"I can try," Iroh said, nodding as he chuckled a little, "hello."

Kuvira didn't answer, she just hid behind Sukara's legs.

"Kuvira, do you wanna have some tea?" Sukara asked, looking down at her.

Kuvira gave a small nod.

######

As they sat around talking, Kuvira became bored and jumped off of her chair.

"Where are you going?" Sukara asked, glancing over at her as she started to kick the ground as she wandered.

"Nowhere," Kuvira muttered, swinging her arms around.

"Come and sit back down please," Sukara told her, "Iroh still needs to talk to you."

"No," Kuvira continued to kick at the ground, "I don't want to."

"Kuvira this is important," Sukara sighed, leaning back to turn in her chair, "we can't go to the fertility spirit until you're back to normal."

"I don't care," she protested, stomping her feet as she walked away, "this is boring."

"Come back here," Sukara told her firmly, she didn't get an answer so she stood up to follow her, "Kuvira stop."

The stubborn child kept walking, making Sukara go after her. It wasn't hard to catch up to her, it was keeping hold of her that was proving difficult. Sukara wrapped her arms tight around her as she kicked out. She forced them to sit on the floor until she could get her to calm down.

Sukara didn't speak, she just held onto her. Hugging her tight while she thrashed around. Eventually, Kuvira stopped trying to hit her and let herself relax.

"What's the matter?" Sukara asked, almost whispering as she rested her chin on Kuvira's shoulder, "what's made you upset?"

Kuvira just frowned and leaned into her. As they sat there, there was a flash of light, when Sukara managed to open her eyes again, she saw the very spirit she had wanted to speak to. The spirit of fertility.