Pulling You Through

Sukara sat cross-legged on the floor in the living room, they had let Kai and Jinora take Voya out while they did this. Crossing Kuvira over into the spirit world was going to hard enough without a three year old who can't sit still for longer than five minutes coming along as well.

Sukara waited calmly as Kuvira came and sat opposite her.

"Remind me why we're not going through the spirit portal again?" Kuvira asked, settling herself down as her wife took her hands in her own.

"Because that's not how this works," Sukara explained, "you're more vulnerable without your body, you can't use your bending, you're more exposed so you're more honest. And they make me queezy."

"I think I could live with you being a little queezy," Kuvira sighed.

"That's not the point," Sukara frowned, sitting herself up properly so that she was in a better position, "we have to do it this way anyway."

Kuvira sighed again, still not convinced that they couldn't just walk into the spirit world, she'd been there before and walked out. She closed her eyes when Sukara did and allowed herself to relax like Sukara had told her to.

Slipping in between the human world and the spirit world was something that Sukara found quite easy, it was when she had to bring someone through did it get a little trickier. It wasn't like she'd never done it before, it just required more focus.

They landed in a forest somewhere, where they ended up had never been within Sukara's control, pushing herself to her feet as her eyes adjusted, Sukara did a quick scan to check where Kuvira was. Once she had spotted her, she had no hope in stifling her laughter.

"What?" Kuvira asked, a frown strong on her now little face.

"Nothing, it's fine," Sukara smiled, trying to straighten her face, "everything is fine, little one."

"Then stop laughing," the six year old version of Kuvira protested, the frown on her face only growing deeper.

"I'm sorry," Sukara said, taking a deep breath and biting her lip to stop herself from smiling, "you're right. I just wasn't expecting you to be so cute."

"Stop it," Kuvira complained, trying to stamp the ground to earth bend at her.

"Aggressive," Sukara chuckled, "noted."

"This isn't funny," Kuvira shouted at her, continuing to try and earth bend but nothing happened.

Sukara stood for a moment watching her try and fail to attack her. She wasn't even angry, Kuvira had regressed into a child when they arrived so she was going to act like one. Sukara knew that it was something that happened here, there was nothing she could do about it, Kuvira had to sort this out herself.

"Are you done?" Sukara asked, a sympathetic expression on her face as she looked down at her.

Kuvira just huffed and turned away from her.

"Hey little one," Sukara smiled, crouching down so that she was at her level, "we can get this sorted, we just have to work out what caused it. Will you let me help you?"

"Do you promise not to laugh at me?" Kuvira asked, her frown softening a little.

"But you're so funny," Sukara joked, only gaining her a sharp punch in the shoulder, "ow! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I won't laugh at you, I swear. We're going to get you back to your proper size, deal?"

"Deal."