PART 3 - Get Out

The rumbling of a train was somewhat of an unusual occurrence in the town where Sukara was staying. In the outskirts, a train would come through now and then but it certainly wouldn't be high tech and kitted out with Earth Kingdom soldiers.

A group of people gathered in front of the train as a man in a green uniform stepped out to greet them.

"Who is the governor?" he asked, not paying any attention to the confused glares he was getting.

An old man stepped out from the crowd, "I am, what do you want?"

"To offer you a deal, for protection against the bandits," he announced, seemingly to everyone, "the great uniter will provide food, supplies and protection for your town."

"We don't have a bandit problem," Sukara piped up, stepping out of the crowd in case the governor needed any protection.

The governor looked confused for a moment, he knew that she was lying because she was the one that had fought them off the last couple of times. He didn't say anything though, he wasn't sure what she was up to.

"Who are you?" the man asked, almost glaring at her.

"This is Sukara," the governor said quickly, "she's a teacher at the Earth bending academy here."

"Then this business has nothing to do with you," the man said dismissively as he turned back to the governor, "now--"

"If you're about to march in here with your lackeys and destroy this town," she cut him off, "then it is my business."

"Sukara? Is it? I know you think you're brave," he told her, condescendingly, "but you can't fight the bandits off forever, these people are going to need real help soon."

"Yeah," Sukara smirked, "you'll just keep sending them our way until we can't cope."

"We don't send bandits anywhere," the man chuckled, "we're the ones stopping them."

"Sure you don't," Sukara said, not believing a word he was saying, "you can go tell boss lady, that even if she puts her banner over the gate, she will never keep this town. I'll make sure of it."

"Firstly, this is completely a choice for the people of Femaoh, Kuvira cares about the people of the earth kingdom and wants to help" the man explained, "and secondly, what could you do to stop her?"

"You'd be surprised," Sukara smirked.

"I don't have time for this," the man scoffed, "please don't listen to this one."

He handed the governor some papers as he turned away but Sukara was quick and grabbed hold of his arm to stop him.

"Your Great Uniter is a wannabe dictator," she told him firmly, "consider this an act of defiance."

In a quick and swift movement, she lit up her other hand and swapped them. Landing a tight, flaming grip onto his left forearm. He screamed out as she burned him.

"Tell her it's a gift from me."

The man clutched his burnt arm once she had let go. He ran back off to train, not wanting to find out why an earth bending teacher, with blue eyes like a water bender, could fire bend.

"Sukara!" the governor exclaimed, really not wanting to escalate the situation, "what did you do?"

"Don't worry," she told him gently, placing a hand on his shoulder, "if you need to sign that, do. Say you banished me or something, do whatever you need to to keep you and the people safe. I'm going to go and find some people that can help us."