Kasa

The bars in Republic City were often dark and a little dingy if you didn't want to have to dress up like an aristocrat. The lights were dim and sun had gone down so there was no help there either. The bar was mostly clean, if a little sticky from spilled drinks. Sukara didn't care though, she wasn't there for luxury.

A girl with black hair and amber eyes came and sat next her. She reminded Sukara of Azula a little bit which lifted her spirits just a fraction.

"Hey," she smiled, her voice soft and a little wispy, "are you okay? I'm sorry to bother you, but you looked like you could use cheering up."

"I'm fine," Sukara lied, making her best effort to give this girl a smile.

"Is that why you're sitting alone, staring at the back of the bar?" she asked, leaning her head down to try and regain Sukara's attention.

Sukara laughed a little, "yeah, actually it's one of my favourite things to do," she told the girl with a chuckle, "I like to see what the bottles are, you know sus out if they're just decoration."

"You can read the labels from her?" the girl laughed, making herself comfortable on the stool.

"No," Sukara chuckled, turning her head back to the bar.

"But really, what's on your mind?" the girl asked, cradling her own drink between the tips of her fingers.

"I had a really shitty letter," Sukara nodded, trying to force the tears away from her eyes so she didn't cry in front of a stranger, "and I'm trying not to think about it."

The girl frowned as she saw that Sukara was quite upset. She shuffled a little closer and slowly put her hand on top of hers.

"Bad news sucks," she told her, rubbing her thumb across Sukara's knuckles after Sukara didn't pull away, "but that's why we come here right? My names Kasa by the way."

"Sukara," Sukara smiled, looking down at their hands.

"It's nice to meet you," Kasa said, letting go of her hand, "you want another drink?"

"Sure, why not," Sukara shrugged, turning in her chair to face her.

"What do you want?" Kasa asked, leaning forward on the bar as she smiled at her.

"Anythings fine," Sukara smiled, as Kasa moved her legs round the stool, placing her knees neatly between Sukara's.

"You're flexible then," Kasa smirked, taking a chance and reaching out to tuck a piece of hair behind Sukara's ear.

Entertained by her boldness, Sukara decided to play along. They were strangers, it wasn't a big deal. Kasa seemed like the perfect distraction from her heartbreak.

"You have no idea," Sukara smiled, resting her hand gently on Kasa's thigh.

With one last smile, Kasa leaned forward and kissed Sukara. Her lips were soft as they pressed against Sukara's, Kasa let her hands lock into the loose section of Sukara's hair, pulling her close. Gently, Sukara stroked up Kasa's leg, resting one on each side of her hips with a soft gentle pull to bring her closer.

The perfect distraction. Something to help her not cry herself to sleep tonight.