PART 4: Healing

The water in the bath glowed bright blue as Katara tried her best to heal what she could, but she was concerned for the electricity. In her caution, Katara would immediately push all water away from Sukara's body, making the healing process slow down.

"I can't keep this up," Katara told the others, "she needs to stop generating lightening if I'm going to be able heal her properly."

The room was full of scared friend and loved ones. Korra couldn't stop pacing, frustrated that she couldn't do anything. Kai sat beside the healing bath even after repeatedly being told to step back incase he got electrocuted himself. Asami stood with a frown on her face, her thoughts racing through every possible way to find a solution. Iroh II stood beside her, one hand on Kuvira's shoulder as she cried into her hands. She had tried to pull herself together on their way here, and she had all but succeeded until she had to watch Sukara surge again.

Sukara had barely been conscious since the fight. Occasionally, she would stir as another bolt of lightening was created but then she would relax again.

"How do we stop it?" Kya asked, looking between Lord Zuko and her mother.

"She's grieving," Zuko told them, his arms folded across his chest as he frowned in thought, "she shouldn't have tried to generate lightening with all that turmoil inside of her, and with the added effect of Vaatu, it was very dangerous."

As she listened, Korra stopped pacing and sat down. Her mind racing through ideas as she rested her chin on her hands.

"She's still in a lot of pain," Zuko continued, "the loss, the guilt of attacking Korra, anger."

"Any negative emotion," Katara explained, taking the water from the healing bath and into a pot in the corner of the room, "would have been amplified and used by Vaatu. With this injury she isn't being allowed to process it and get the electricity out of  her body."

"So if she could," Korra said, looking up at the two older benders, "if she was given time to work through it, it would save her?"

"In theory, I suppose," Katara said, thinking it over, "but how would we stabilise her for long enough? How would we even reach her?"

"I think I know a way," Korra told them as she shot out of her seat.

It didn't take her a second to cross the room. Quickly, she climbed into the empty healing bath so that she was across from Sukara.

"Korra! What are you doing?" Asami asked, breaking out of her stare as her girlfriend flew across her gaze, "the lightening, it could kill you."

"It hasn't killed her yet," Korra said as she pulled Sukara up by the arms into a sitting position. She leaned her head on her shoulder to keep her up, "and she needs my help."

Korra closed her eyes, praying that this would work, the rest of them could only watch in confusion and worry.

"Come on, you can do it," Korra whispered as she concentrated with everything she had in order to pull Sukara through as well.

It took a moment, but Korra's idea pulled through. Their eyes lit up as the connection forced them into the avatar state just for a moment. As they relaxed again, Sukara managed to support herself as they sat in meditation.