Catch

Sukara was not very awake, in her groggy state all she wanted to do was go back to sleep. She cuddled in close to Kuvira, resting her hand gently on the large baby bump, making sure to keep her arm propped up so that Kuvira wasn't uncomfortable.

Sukara could feel one of them moving a little, she couldn't imagine what that would feel like. Having something moving inside you like that. It was mind blowing to her, feeling the life of their unborn sons with just a small barrier separating them.

Her eyes were still closed when she felt something make a dent in the mattress. The pressure moved making two dents next to her legs. There was a sharp jumping feeling causing Sukara to shoot up, catching Voya before she landed on them.

"Oof, careful there turtleduck," she laughed, setting her down gently on her lap, "you know Mommy's fragile at the moment."

"Oop, sorry," Voya said to a very sleepy Kuvira who had just been woken up.

"It's okay baby," Kuvira mumbled, readjusting herself so that she was more comfortable.

She barely opened her eyes at all, Kuvira was still very tired, tugging lightly at Sukara's top to get her to lie down again. The warmth she had been giving her was gone now that she had sat up. In a last attempt to regain her hot water bottle, Kuvira placed a hand on Sukara's leg.

"The sun is up Momma," Voya whispered, trying let Kuvira go back to sleep, "is it time for breakfast?"

"Voy, it's like six in the morning," Sukara sighed, rubbing her shoulders to keep them warm, "no, it's not breakfast time yet. Come sleep for a bit longer."

"But, I'm not tired anymore," Voya complained, knowing there was no way she was going to go back to sleep, "can we get up now?"

Sukara sighed, not wanting to leave the bed. She was still tired and would've likely gone back to sleep. As she thought for a second, she felt a push on her side. She looked down to see Kuvira's hand, gently pushing her to take whatever they were doing elsewhere. They were obviously annoying her when she was trying to sleep. It wouldn't be long now until she was ready to give birth and everything was irritating and uncomfortable.

Sukara gave a soft smile before lifting Voya up to get them both off the bed.

"Pull the blanket baby," Sukara told her, leaning down so that Voya could put the blanket back over Kuvira's shoulders, "okay, let's go."