You're A Dancer

The Beifong house was huge, it didn't feel like just the family lived there. It felt like a small city on its own.

Kuvira was leading Sukara down one of the corridors. She had said she wanted to show her something but it was a surprise.

"In here," she said, pushing open a door to their right.

Kuvira led them into the room. It was a large open space, a mirror lining one wall. A mobile rail sat in the corner next to a bench.

"So, what is it?" Sukara asked, looking around.

"It's a dancing hall," Kuvira told her, slightly surprised that she didn't know what it was, "have you never seen one before?"

Sukara just shook her head. She turned her head back to Kuvira, not seeming that interested in the rest of the room.

"You really don't dance huh?" Kuvira said with a small smile, realising that it might not be possible to actually get her to dance.

"I don't," Sukara smiled, "but you knew that. Why are we here?"

"I do," Kuvira continued, trying to drop more hints of her intentions, "I used to be a part of Su's dance troop."

"You're a dancer?" Sukara asked, more interested now, "I didn't peg you for a dancer, you seemed a bit high strung for it."

"I'll try not to be offended," Kuvira smiled, taking a step towards Sukara.

Her comment made Sukara look away, feeling a little bad. She mumbled a sorry, glad that Kuvira hadn't actually taken offence.

"How many times must I ask you to dance before you say yes?" Kuvira asked, closing the gap between them causing Sukara to blush deeply.

"You never have," Sukara managed to get out as she looked up at Kuvira who was a couple of inches taller than she was.

"You're not very good at hints either, are you?" she almost whispered, brushing her hand against Sukara's as she picked it up.

She placed her other hand around Sukara's waist. Kuvira began to sway a little to get her moving.

"At the anniversary party?" she said with a soft smile, looking down at her eyes.

"Technically," Sukara said, a joke in her tone. Her eyes only Kuvira's lips. She knew what she wanted but she was so nervous to take it. "You asked if I liked dancing."

"You're such an idiot," Kuvira laughed, pulling away as she let Sukara go.

She had missed her chance. Sukara cursed herself a little for being too scared as Kuvira turned back to her.

"I'm just saying, you should really be more clear," Sukara smirked, trying to smooth over the moment, "I was told my whole life to be better and I took that as become a dictator so, I don't have the best track record with hints."

Kuvira shook her head, laughing as she watched the avatar. Her smile was playful, her eyes blue and hiding from the pink flush that still lay across her cheeks. She was cute, Kuvira had to admit it. A little infuriating, but fun to be around and hard to be annoyed with.

"So, did you strut the waltz with Su?" Sukara asked, stepping away to wander the room, "or was it a little more interesting than that?"

"Do you want me to show you?" Kuvira asked with a soft smile on her lips as she removed her jacket.

"If you promise not to drag me into it," Sukara smiled, placing herself on the bench, "absolutely."