Resolved

Sukara could barely breathe. She hadn't moved from where she was sitting on the carpet, this hadn't been what she was expecting at all. She knew she would have to respect Kuvira's decision but in that moment her sobs were all she had. The stabbing pain of her uncertainty had been horrible but the knowledge felt like someone had finally ripped the blade out and now she was in agony.

She didn't even look up when the door opened again. Sukara assumed that someone had heard her crying and come to check on her.

"I'm fine," she snapped towards the door, not wanting to see anyone right now, "just leave me alone."

Sukara heard the door close but she could sense that the person was still there. They made their way over to her and knelt down in front of her.

"Do you really want me to go?" a familiar voice asked, making Sukara snap her head up to see if it was real.

Kuvira sat with a soft smile as she reached up to wipe away the tears from Sukara's eyes. A confused frown sat on Sukara's brow as she looked up hopefully at the metal.

"Did you think I left you?" Kuvira asked, as Sukara managed to catch her breath.

"Well--" Sukara started as relief swept over her like a tidal wave.

"Oh I'm so sorry baby," Kuvira chuckled a little as she pulled Sukara close, remembering how quickly she had left to break things off with Baatar, "I would never. It's you, it's always going to be you. I would chose you over anything else."

"And you couldn't have mentioned that before storming out of my room?" Sukara asked, her breathing was shaky as her dispare was replaced by extreme happiness. She leant into Kuvira's chest putting her arms around her. Never wanting to let go again.

"At least I came back in the same night," Kuvira said, stroking the hair out of Sukara's face as her head lay on Kuvira's shoulder, "at least I didn't go silent for two and half months then you get the message that I'm not in fact dead but are close to it after it went through two Beifong sisters."

Sukara didn't want to look up, Kuvira didn't sound angry but hearing what she'd done relayed back to her made it sound a lot worse than she originally thought.

"It definitely would've been a lot worse if I'd of then waited a week to call you to explain myself," Kuvira went on, a smirk on her face as she felt Sukara tense up a little.

"Are you ever going to forgive me for that?" Sukara asked, turning her head up to look at Kuvira who as she expected was smiling at her, "I really am sorry."

"I know you are," Kuvira said as she leant down and kissed her on the head, "and I do forgive you, but teasing you about it? That feels like a right of mine."

Sukara smiled at her with loving eyes. There was no way she could express how safe she felt in that moment, the happiness that was encasing her as she looked up at the woman she loved. Being in Kuvira's arms again had been her one wish for months, and now with it finally happening properly, she felt like it couldn't get better.

"Can I kiss you?" Sukara asked, reaching her hand up to stroke her fingertips along Kuvira's bottom lip.

"Of course my love," Kuvira smiled, leaning down to kiss Sukara properly. She only broke away to speak letting herself get caught up in the want for each other. "My baby. My angel. My favourite person."

Kuvira would continue to kiss her between each name. Moving her kisses up Sukara's jaw, making her giggle and fall back onto the carpet. Sukara squirmed and laughed as Kuvira continued to tickle her, pinning her to the carpet.

"I'm sorry I left so suddenly," Kuvira smiled as she lay, propped up, over Sukara, "I just knew that once I started kissing you, I'd never leave."

Sukara only smiled as Kuvira dipped down and began to kiss her again, leaving all traces of heartbreak gone and forgotten.

End of part 2