Brawl At The Wedding

Sukara decided to take herself off for a minute. Her stress levels were high and she didn't want to be a stammering mess for the rest of the day. Kuvira had glanced at her and now that it was established that they both knew the other was there, it felt all the more awkward.

She was sat with her head in her hands at the far side of Air Temple Island when she heard the one voice she didn't want to hear.

"I thought I saw you go this way," Baatar Jr said, she could hear the smirk in his voice before she even looked up.

Sukara didn't answer, just gave him a glare and then looked away.

"Don't be sour," he smirked, sauntering over to stand in front of her, "sulking at a wedding is so unusual. Aren't you happy for Korra and Asami?"

"Of course I am," Sukara snapped, standing and stepping out from under his shadow.

"Then I wonder what your problem could be," Baatar pretended to think, getting a rise out of Sukara was usually quite easy but now it was almost unavoidable.

"You know what my problem is," Sukara sneered as she tried to walk away from him but he followed her any way.

"Right, of course," Baatar chuckled, effortlessly catching up to her, "this must be about you abandoning Kuvira, and now she hates you. I understand."

"Will you leave me alone?" Sukara told more than asked him.

"But I'm the only one who knows what it's like to have your heart broken by Kuvira," he smiled, taking a step in front of her to stop her from walking away.

"Yeah, having her try an kill you must have really sucked," Sukara said, wanting to at least get a small win out of this, "but, I can't sympathise with you on that one. She never tried to kill me."

"You were right there next to me," Baatar sneered, not liking where this was going, "she shot at you too."

"Kuvira didn't know where I was," Sukara chuckled, having turned the tables on him, she felt much better, "but she was aiming at you."

"She loves me," Baatar told her forcefully, "she was going to marry me."

"Key word being was," Sukara sighed, rolling her eyes and turning away from him.

"She doesn't love you anymore so just leave it," Baatar snapped, knowing he was now in slightly above his head, "she loves me."

"Does she?" Sukara asked, stopping to wait for a response to see if it was worth staying to argue, but he was quite. One more push wouldn't hurt. "so if I told her my heart still aches for her, she wouldn't leave you? If I told her, when I look at the stars all I see is her face, she wouldn't come running back to me? Are you that secure?"

"Stop it," he demanded, but Sukara stayed facing away from him.

"Why? Feeling frail?"

All she heard was a growl from behind her as a rock came hurtling towards her. A fight wasn't exactly what she had planned, especially not at Korra and Asami's wedding, but at least they were out of the way.

Sukara dodged the rock best she could but it still clipped her shoulder slightly. Spinning on her foot, Sukara sent a hail of small stones flying at him. He lifted a wall to stop the stones, protecting himself. She didn't want to hurt him, not too badly anyway, so she wanted to keep the elements they were bending the same, but rage is a fickle thing. Baatar managed to hit her again, this time with a small rock that cut across her face. Sukara was no stranger to rage but this time, luckily for Baatar she could control it better. That being said, it didn't stop her from throwing a fire ball towards his head.

Kuvira had heard to commotion on her way to find where Baatar had got to and had made her way to see what was going on. To say she was disappointed to find him in a physical altercation with Sukara was an understatement.

Quickly, Kuvira stepped in front of Sukara to stop her from attacking Baatar again.

"Stop it, you're going to hurt him," she told her forcefully.

The second she stepped between the two of them Sukara stopped and stepped back. Baatar on the other hand, didn't quite have the reaction times that Sukara did and his final offensive move was still on its way. Sukara launched forward and threw up a wall to stop the rock. She grabbed the front of Kuvira's dress and pulled her in behind it to keep her safe.

"What were you thinking?" Kuvira asked, stepping back from Sukara, almost forgetting that she was meant to be saying this to Baatar.

"I thought I wasn't your problem anymore," Sukara snapped, storming off away from the two of them as Baatar emerged from around the wall she had made to see if he had actually hurt Kuvira and to apologise.

"I'm fine," was the last thing Sukara heard Kuvira snap before she got out of earshot.

Happy 100th part!!!! Thank you for reading❤️❤️