PART 2: After math

The ringing in Sukara's ears began to fade as she started to wrap her head around what had happened enough function. Her breathing was heavy as she looked into the thick smoke around them. With her brain running through possibilities of what could have happened, Sukara turned and slammed Ozah against the pillar.

"What the fuck was that?" she demanded, glaring at him as he struggled in her grip.

"I don't know, I swear, I have nothing to do with this," he blurted out, the panic in his voice shining through.

"What did you do?" Sukara continued to question him, her anger was running high and in all honesty she couldn't really hear much over the shouts inside the smoke.

"Nothing, I swear to you," Ozah told her, desperately trying to get her to believe him, "I had no idea this was going to happen, I would have warned you."

Sukara went to speak again but was cut off when she heard Voya.

"Momma!" she screamed, "Momma!"

Sukara let go of Ozah instantly and hurried further into the smoke. She tried to look through it but got nowhere. Frustrated, she sent out an enormous blast of air clearing the area.

"Voya?" Sukara called, looking round at all the confused people, "Voya!"

"She's right here," Sukara heard Iroh say from behind her.

She turned quickly to see that he had scooped her up into his arms to protect her. The moment he was close enough, he lifted her away from him and gave Voya to her mother. Sukara held her tight, shaking as she took a deep breath. Two, she thought, I found two of the people most precious to me, I have to find the others.

"Where's Kuvira?" she asked him, her voice shaking worse than her body was, "have you seen her?"

Iroh shook his head. He did a quick scan of the area but he couldn't see her.

"We'll find her," he reassured her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

The two of them started to walk around, trying to find Kuvira. After a moment they found Hata, still sitting at the table.

Three.

"Have you seen Kuvira?" Sukara asked, Voya burying her head into Sukara's shoulder as she gripped on tight to her mother.

"Not since you guys came over here to talk," she told her, a concerned frown on her face as she sat there, "can you not find her."

"We-- I don't--," Sukara tried to answer but she couldn't get the words out, she could feel her panic setting itself into her bones.

"We've only just started looking," Iroh told Hata, trying to keep the situation as calm as possible.

He could see that Sukara was starting to break. The not knowing was the worst part, he knew that if she had a direction to go in she'd be able to hold it together but they were aimless at the moment.

As they were stood there, Lin had gathered whoever she could find and had gone looking for people as well.

Four.

"There you are," Lin said as she approached, her usual stern work voice back in place as she lead a group of people behind her. Korra, Asami, Mako and Bolin included. "Are you guys okay?"

Eight.

"We can't find Kuvira, you haven't seen her?" Iroh asked, looking around again in a hope that she'd miraculously be there.

"No, we thought she'd be with you," Korra said, worry written all over her face.

"She's not here," Sukara said, steadying her breathing. Her jaw clenching as the angry frown grew deeper. "Where's Kai?"

"Right here," he said, his timing perfect as he touched back down in the ground after taking a look from above.

Nine.

"We'll find her kid," Lin told her reassuringly, "no matter what, I promise."

Where the hell was ten?