Vaatu And Raava

After agreeing to tell him everything, Sukara took Iroh into the nearest tea shop to sit so that they could talk.

"Is the tea really necessary?" he asked as the waiter placed the jasmine tea she had ordered for the both of them down on the table.

"Yes, the best time I've ever told this story," she told him, "was with Azula and the man you're named after, so yes the tea is necessary."

He smiled, his nerves about the situation calming as he drank the tea.

"For context, I wasn't always this nice," she told him calmly.

"You just almost killed a man for shouting at you," Iroh said, one eyebrow raised in confusion.

"I stand by it," she told him, making him feel more concerned, "I was a horrific bendist and a dictator. Imagine the Fire Nation about 70 years ago but if they won."

Both eyebrows now raised in shock, Iroh had put his tea down.

"I know it's a lot but I won't get into that part," she said, "I'm going to tell you how Raava and Vaatu were formed, that was just so you knew why."

#####

An older woman led Sukara across the snow. They were walking towards a group of people surrounded by ice shards but Sukara wasn't paying any attention.

"Mother, I just want to say I'm so happy you invited me," Sukara said to the older woman, "I know last time we talked was less than ideal..."

"I wouldn't call an attempt on my life 'less than ideal' but please continue," her mother said, not looking up at her.

"Yes well, I was angry, I'd done so much and you didn't care but, that doesn't matter now," Sukara continued, squashing her anger down, "I forgive you, your my mother and I love you. I'm so glad that you're coming around."

Her mother didn't answer her though, they had arrived at their destination. The group of people turned to face them, Sukara only gave them an apprehensive frown before turning back to her mother.

"Was it because of the Southern Water Tribe?" Sukara asked her, "I knew this place is important to you, to us, as a family. I wanted to do something that would be meaningful for you."

"Your segregation of the people is a large part of the reason we're here, yes," her mother said coldly, "but like always, your incessant need to please me has blinded your intelligence."

Sukara stepped back from her mother, confused. She took another look around at the people only to notice the giant Lion Turtle that sat in the water behind them.

A rumbling came from the side to reveal another from the earth beneath the ice. A third came opposite it from the sky.

As she tried to turn to find the fourth and final lion turtle, beams of what looked like light but felt like vines wrapped around her arms. Some of the people had caught her off guard, pulling the dictator to the floor. They were then aided by the others to hold her down.

"What is this?" she demanded as she struggled in her restraints.

"You have to be stopped, Sukara," her mother told her, "and you will be, forever."

Sukara let her head fall as she gave up struggling. They had obviously been granted power she could never have achieved in her work with spirits. Her hurt, though, was quickly replaced by anger when she saw her brother. He willingly knelt down opposite her.

"What are you doing here?" she growled, her compassion for her brother had faded into nothing a long time ago.

"We have to do this together," he said in his infuriatingly calm tone.

"You'd give your life to take mine?" she asked him, laughing in disbelief.

"I'd give my life a thousand times," he told her, "to stop you and take the power away from all of your empire. Bending needs to be regulated, like before."

"What? You're serious," she asked in disbelief, "you would betray empire and rebellion? You're more of an idiot than I thought."

"There is no use," the giant Lion Turtle from the water bellowed at her, "you and your brother are to become the balance of the new age. You have proven that humans cannot be trusted with any kind of power. This world will be cleansed."

Sukara began to feel scared as she began to grasp what they were actually going to do.

"Humanity will not end," her brother tried to assure her, "the lion turtles have made a deal, those willing to give up their bending or seeking asylum from the empire can climb aboard their back and live on under their guidance."

"You're a fool, you know that right?" Sukara shouted over to him, "to give up everything like this."

"This time will be forgotten in the new age," the lion turtle continued, "all memory of you will fade as the people that knew of you die. Your legacy will not be passed on. Everyone is in agreement, this will not be talked of again."

"You can't do this! " Sukara shouted at it, "you'll never--"

The rumbling of the earth between Sukara and her brother cut her off. A bare tree breached the ground and separated them.

"You will be held in your prison," the lion turtle said, "for all time."

"No!"

Both siblings were struck with beams of spirit energy as the lion turtles latched onto their spirits. It felt like her blood had turned to lava. Like she had been invaded.

The grey of both spirits emerged from their chests. Long strands clung hard onto each sibling, trying desperately to stay inside. The only differences in the spirits were in shades, Sukara's was a dark grey while her brother's was lighter.

"Please!" Sukara called out, "this hurts! Mom please!"

Her mother ignored her as she left Sukara's side.

"Mom! I'm begging you!" Sukara pleaded, she had never felt pain like this, "stop this please! Mommy please."

Her mother didn't turn as she approached the one of the Lion Turtles. As the last parts of her spirit left her body, Sukara slumped down in her restraints. Without them she would have collapsed on the ground.

"I'm sorry," Sukara tried with all her might to keep speaking but she could feel her life leaving her, "I'll be better. Please. Mom!"

"I wish you would've been better," was all her mother told her as boarded the lion turtle.