The Plan

The group, now up by one, sat crouched behind some trees watching the town that Guan had taken as his base. Kasa sat back, not really looking as she'd seen enough of it before. Plus she didn't want to get in Sukara's way, she didn't want to believe that Sukara would have actually killed her but she had been very convincing.

"What's he going to do?" Sukara asked, making Kasa look up from the tree branch she had been picking at, "when he sees us, what's he going to do? I assume he has a plan."

"I don't know," Kasa told her, "he didn't tell me anything other than bring her to me, I'll promise she'll be safe."

"So he's expecting me to go alone," Sukara nodded, not taking her eyes from the guards at the entrance.

"I'd assume so yes, but he'll probably prepare for you not being alone," Kasa sighed, pushing herself up from the floor and dusting off the dirt from her trousers.

"I'm not letting you go in there alone," Iroh told her firmly, standing with the rest of them, "it's not safe. You don't know how many people are in there."

"I'll be fine," Sukara told him, giving him a cheeky smile patted down the United forces uniform. She wasn't used to wearing a uniform anymore. It wasn't as heavy as her old one but it still gave her that little edge of excitement.

"We have to assume that everyone in there is brainwashed," he said, frowning at her, "we don't know how good its gotten since last time, we might not be able to tell."

Sukara rolled her eyes at him and turned to Kasa, "Are you brainwashed?"

"How would I know?" Kasa stuttered, "like he said, you wouldn't be able to tell."

"Of course I can," Sukara smirked, "because if you were brainwashed you would've told me that you weren't."

Kasa raised an eyebrow, a little impressed by how confident she was in her theory.

"See I'll be fine," Sukara told Iroh, giving him a light punch in the shoulder, "you guys hang back while Kas and I go and infiltrate the base. I'll get Kuvira. Break out. Kill Guan in the process. And Kasa can run for her life on the way out. I have a plan, see."

"That's a terrible plan," Iroh sighed, lifting his hand up to his face, "how is 'break out' a step in your plan. That's a goal. You need a plan to achieve the goal."

"I will simply finesse them," Sukara smiled, grabbing Kasa by the top of her arm and pulling her threw to the path in front of the town, "see great plan."

Iroh could only sigh as Sukara went into view of the guards.

"She's going to die," Ozah said as they watched her get put into wooden handcuffs at the door.

"I don't think she cares," Iroh huffed as he turned to walk back to where they came from, "come on, we need to get some reinforcements if we're going to help her get out of there."