Dark VS Light

Sukara was turned away from them as they approached. Korra came closest as another two stood back, Kai and Kuvira. She assumed that Asami had elected to stay with Iroh.

"Sukara," Korra said cautiously, trying to test just how she was feeling, "it's going to be okay."

The words grated against Sukara's ears, making her skin crawl. Korra meant well but, it wasn't what Sukara wanted to hear.

"This is all okay," Korra gestured to the destruction around them, "you're upset. You're hurting right now and we understand that."

"But I shouldn't be," Sukara told her, speaking for the first time in a while. Her comment threw Korra off guard.

"What do you mean?" Kuvira asked, taking a small step forward but holding back as Sukara turned.

Her eyes were red from crying but the expression was dangerous.

"I shouldn't be here," Sukara growled, the anger just under her skin boiling in her blood, "I should have died 20,000 year ago. Zadik got that. The absence of pain, why was I denied it? Why do I have to go through so much pain?"

"I don't know," Korra said sympathetically, "I know it's not fair but--"

"Then why give it to me?" Sukara asked, making Korra frown in confusion, "well not you, specially. But Zadik. I'd like to speak with my brother please. I have a bone to pick."

"Your brother's been dead for thousands of years," Korra said, getting worried about what was going to happen next, "I can't contact his spirit. I'm sorry."

"Then give me Raava," Sukara ordered, her tone shaking a little as she let her grief transform into a blind rage.

"No, I can't do that."

"You would deny me my closure?" Sukara asked, her voice settling in an unstable, humoured tone.

"If I'm honest," Korra got into a defensive stance, the look on Sukara's face was starting to scare her, "I don't entirely trust you right now."

"Then I'll just have to take her from you," Sukara smiled slightly as her eyes lit up with red.

In a fast motion, Sukara punched out hard, sending a fire blast Korra's way. Korra dodged out of the way but was apprehensive to hit back.

"Sukara stop!" Kuvira yelled over to her as she went to go forward but Kai grabbed her by the arm. He knew it was best not to get in the middle of this.

Sukara's head turned but snapped quickly back to Korra as she spoke again.

"This isn't you," Korra begged, not wanting to let the fight continue.

"Of course not," a voice that was familiar came from Sukara's lips but it wasn't hers. "She wanted to talk. I have to act, for us."

Vaatu. The hollow voice of the dark spirit made Korra's skin crawl, the unnatural feeling soon became overwhelming as Raava took over.

"Let her go!" she called over to him, the glow of her outline on Korra's chest, "you're going to hurt her."

"And if I do?" he chuckled, the red glow of his own outline mirrored Raava's on Sukara's chest, "what happened to you when Zadik died? Nothing."

"Sukara please!" Kuvira yelled, fighting against Kai as she tried to get to her.

With a swift blast of air, Kuvira was thrown back into the forest, hitting her back hard on one of the trunks. Kai did what he could to catch her but her landing wasn't gentle.

"Silence," Vaatu hissed as he stood Sukara back up, "I'm busy."

Turning back to Korra, Raava waiting for Vaatu to do something. With a small smirk, he made Sukara throw more fire blasts her way. Hitting up earth to launch at her.

With a solid punch to a block of earth, controlling Korra's body, Raava hit it straight at Vaatu. He hadn't the time to make Sukara counter the attack and it threw them back, flying off the edge of the cliff to the water below.

"What did you do?!" Kai shouted as he went to run to try and get Sukara from the water but, she wasn't gone for long.

Sukara reappeared over the edge of the cliff, her lower half submerged in a tornado of water. She brought with her a tsunami from below, soaking everything around them.

Without thought for whatever Raava and Korra were doing, Vaatu and his vessel jumped and flipped. Spinning her body horizontally, sending a twister which also happened to dry her off at the same time.

Raava was holding back and Vaatu knew it. It made him furious but there wasn't a lot of energy left to use. In a final attempt to beat her, Vaatu took them through the necessary movements. He could feel the lightening generating and flowing through them, but the turmoil inside Sukara's heart was too much. The lightening never left her fingers, instead it coursed through her body. Vaatu retreated back in an attempt to save himself, leaving Sukara to take the full force of the electrocution.

Sukara screamed out in pain as she collapsed to the floor. The others rushed to her but they stopped when they heard a strong, booming voice from behind them.

"Don't touch her!" it shouted at them.

They all turned to see an old man with a scar on his left eye.

"Lord Zuko," Korra said staring at him for a moment while she processed that he was there. She assumed that he had come with Iroh II. Azula was his sister after all.

"She's suffering through a major loss," he told them in a very serious tone, "with that kind of turmoil there is no way she could control her lightening."

There was a moment of silence and then a painful scream as a surge of lightening went through Sukara's body again. She was fazing in and out of consciousness as she lay on the ground.

"She rides with me," he told them, "we need to get her to the South Pole as fast as possible."

"Can Katara even help now?" Korra asked as she scooped Sukara up from the floor and followed Zuko as quickly as she could through the trees, she hadn't the time to comfort Kuvira who was now sobbing into Kai's shoulder as he tried to hold her steady after her fall. Zuko grabbed a hold of Sukara's hand so that he could try and redirect the lightening if she surged again.

"I think you'll find that Master Katara is very skilled when it comes to lightening related injuries," he told her with a slight smile as they quickly made their way towards Zuko's dragon.

End of part 3