Back Again

The three older women had taken the fallen Empress back to the southern water tribe to see Katara again. Though Kya was skilled in healing, and she was more than capable of assisting her mother, she had no idea what had happened to Sukara. She didn't want to do anything that would hurt her in the long run so all she did was stabilise her on the way there.

Katara had a deep frown on her face as Sukara lay unconscious in the healing bath for third time since they had first met. She had been so clear with her, but it wasn't the first time she had dealt with stubborn patients. She was an old woman now, she had the upper hand on that front. Katara would continue to lecture Sukara about properly resting until she was fully healed.

"You," Lin demanded as she turned away from Sukara to speak to Hata, "you need to explain to me exactly what happened. And how you know Sukara."

"I met her majesty when she first returned to this world," Hata explained, comfortable with the fact that these people were here to help, "I am her last guardian."

"You're a loyalist," Lin said simply, folding her arms as she made her judgements about the elderly woman.

"My ancestry is the reason she's alive," Hata told her, getting more annoyed with Lin everytime she felt as though she needed to defend Sukara, "we did what any civilian of the empire should have done. Protected our Empress."

"I doubt she thanked you for that," Lin scoffed, knowing all the small comments that Sukara had made about having not asked to have lived this long.

"She made her peace with it."

"And what about that up in the mountains?" Lin continued to question, "what was she doing fighting Vaatu? Why was she gone for so long?"

"I'm sure you're aware that she was having problems controlling her spirit for some time," Hata explained, finding a chair to rest on, "she came to me for help. She wanted to fix the broken connection between her and Vaatu and gain back control."

"Why didn't she just remove him?" Lin asked, trying to wrap her head around the situation, "surely she's better without it."

"She'd die without him," Hata told her, shaking her head, "Korra can remove Raava because Raava isn't her spirit. The original Avatar has two spirits within their body, one human, one fully formed. Sukara is the original, she only has Vaatu. She needs him to live."

"So she needed to find a way of keeping Vaatu but also controlling him," Lin said, running over the information.

"Exactly, which is why it took so long," Hata said, "there isn't a lot of information on this stuff, we had to theorise ourselves. We came to the conclusion that because Vaatu was a part of her, he would response to the same things she would."

"So what did you do?" Lin asked, trying to see how this all connected with what just happened.

"Asserted my dominance," Sukara croaked as she woke back up.

"Huh?"

"I beat the shit out him until he complied," Sukara told her, reiterating her point.

"Welcome back to the world kid," Lin smiled, making her way over to the healing bath.

"I'd just like to personally tell you," Katara said, getting everyones attention as she spoke to Sukara, "how much of an idiot you've been."

"I know," Sukara said softly as she sat back up, "but I had to fix this. I knew it was going to be dangerous, it was why I left. I wasn't going to risk anyone else getting hurt."

"And what about her?" Lin asked, gesturing back to where Hata was sitting.

"Hata? Hata didn't come with me," Sukara told her, "she was perfectly safe."

"No," Lin said, shaking her head at the miscommunication, "she's a loyalist of yours, from a time when you weren't so nice."

Sukara looked at Lin with mild amusement, "what do you think she's gonna do Lin? She lives in the mountains, she's ancient."

"Oi," Hata exclaimed, throwing a bit of water from a cup next to her at Sukara, "I can still hear you."

Sukara laughed as the water splashed lightly on her shoulder, "she's not going to do anything. I trust her. In fact, I don't want her living out there anymore. Is there a way we can move her here?"

"Don't I get a say?" Hata asked, frowning a little at her bringing this up again.

"I want you to be safe," Sukara told her, "I want you to have people if you need them. No one's gonna force you to socialise with the people, I just don't want you to be alone if something happens."

"If it gives you peace of mind," Hata sighed, accepting that Sukara wasn't going to give up on this.

"Thank you."

End of book 2

Hello to my favourite people of all time, my readers. I wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for reading❤️ Also, now that we're about half way. I was wondering if any of you had any questions for me, feel free to put them in the comments of this part or any other part, I will be happy to answer them all❤️❤️☺️