Old Face

Su and her family were waiting to greet the arrivals from Republic City when they landed. She stood with open arms as Lin accepted a hug from her sister.

"It's so lovely to see you all," she smiled as she scanned the crowd to see who was there, "and Sukara, you made it. Caught you just in time."

"I did, thank you for having me," Sukara said with a small bow, "I hope it's no problem."

"Of course not," Su told her sweetly as she turned to talk to the the others, "we have lots planned--"

As Su began to explain the events of the next week, Sukara's gaze began to wonder. Around the bits of the city she could see from where she was standing and the people in front of her. Most of them she recognised, one of whom she could not say she was expecting to see. The woman had black and a beauty spot just below her right eye. It only took her a second but she managed to piece the memory back. It was Kuvira.

She didn't look the same. Smaller almost. Softer. Without the uniform she was definitely less intimidating, no less attractive, Sukara thought, but less intimidating. She hadn't thought to ask about Kuvira, she had assumed that she would still be in prison. But, she didn't feel anger towards her, in truth she never had. Not at her directly, but at the empire she stood for.

Now, Kuvira had a delicate, prettiness about her. Something in her posture made her look apprehensive, perhaps it was because everyone that had once been her enemy was now standing in front of her. It was understandable of course, Sukara had no idea what she would do if she had to face the people she had hurt, with guilt and remorse.

As she was deep in thought she got a nudge from Lin, "did no one tell you?"

"Huh?" Sukara snapped her head out of her stare to look at Lin. She hadn't noticed that they had started walking to go into the city and had to catch up to Lin, a light blush on her cheeks as she realised she had been staring. Had it been for too long? Spirits, Sukara thought, I hope she didn't notice.

"I know it's weird, I don't entirely trust her either," Lin continued as they made their way to the elevator down to the city, "but she is meant to be here."

"Oh right," Sukara stuttered a little, stepping into the elevator, "I just didn't expect to see her, that's all."

Lin frowned at Sukara's sudden sheepish-ness. She wasn't usually one to stumble over her words or get that distracted for that matter.

"We'll all be together for dinner tonight," Su continued to go over the itinerary for them, "but other than that, for the rest of today you may do as you please. For those who haven't been here before, or had a very short stay, feel free to explore, to try something new, whatever you like."