Grief

Sukara held tight onto a golden pin that had been on Azula's top. She clutched it in her hand as she rested her head on her closed fists, silent tears falling from her eyes as she stared at the floor.

Her breathing was soft and shaky as she sat motionless next to the bed. She couldn't leave her. She couldn't leave her alone, not again. As much as she wanted to just run away into the forest across the path and just scream at the top her lungs, she had to stay.

Sukara felt sick with the numbness that had encased her. Never had she felt heart break like this.

She could hear shuffling from the front door and muffled voices. Who it was didn't matter to her, nothing did really, not in that moment. She didn't even look up when the door opened and foot steps came into the room.

A strong hand made contact with her shoulder, giving a gentle squeeze to try and give a small piece of comfort. Her eyes flicked up a little to the familiar red cuff of a jacket she'd seen a hundred times. Iroh. Azula wasn't alone anymore. Sukara stood quickly, barely even glancing up at him as she passed, leaving him alone in the room.

She didn't want to deal with anything right now. Not her feelings, not his. She needed to be alone.

As she left the house, her eyes met Poto's, just for a second but it was enough to shatter the numb encasement that been surrounding her. Suddenly, she felt everything. It was too much. She quickened her pace, walking as fast as she could across the path and into the trees. As far way from people as she could get.

Sukara came to the edge of a cliff, she stopped a couple of meters back, just behind the last of the trees. She pushed all the air she could out of her lungs and held still for short moment before breathing back in deeply a screaming. She shouted and screamed as she ripped through the trees. Throwing bits of earth out into the water below the cliff, breathing fire in her shouts as blazing streams erupted from each fist. She went on until she couldn't breathe through her sobs anymore.

She wanted to collapse, just cry into the grass until there was nothing left but, she could feel footsteps echoing through the ground. They seemed frantic. Almost running as they went along the forest floor.

Didn't they understand her want to be alone? Do they really think that she would have left Iroh at the house if she had wanted company? She had just destroyed part of the forest, what was so hard to understand?

They just wanted to comfort her but she didn't want them too. There was nothing wrong with being upset and angry, that's what Iroh Senior had said. They would just try to stop her from feeling it.

Sukara could hear their voices now, calling out for her as they went. As they got closer, she could hear one voice over the rest. Korra's voice. Raava's voice. Zadik's.