The End

The ocean was cool rather than cold after being in the sun all day. The waves washed over Sukara's legs as she sat on the sand, letting the water take away some of the blood that had landed on her. She had needed a moment to let herself calm down before going back to the others. Watching the city from the shores of air temple island was a relaxing view, especially as the sun set over the buildings.

As she sat in silence, she heard the water splashing behind her as some came and knelt down next to her.

"You're okay," Kuvira said softly as she  wiped the blood soaked hair out of her face.

Sukara gave a small nod as she kept watching the sunset.

"Voya wandered off, that's how she was there," Kuvira explained, cupping the water in her hands so that she could start to wash the blood out of her hair, "she wanted to see where we had gotten to after we were gone for a while. The rest of the kids are fine, they're all safe."

Sukara gave another nod, still quiet as she sat in the water. Kuvira gave a soft sigh and rubbed the red from her face before turning her head so that they were facing each other.

"You saved Voya," Kuvira continued, gently brushing her fingertips across Sukara's cheeks, caressing the features she had fallen in love with, "you saved us. I don't care how you did it. You protected your family."

"I know," Sukara mumbled, giving her wife a soft smile, reaching up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, "I'm not sorry. I just needed a minute, that's all."

"Alright," Kuvira smiled, moving her hands to Sukara's shoulders, "better get more of this blood off of you before you go and traumatise the kids."

"Wow, thanks," Sukara joked, looping her arms round Kuvira's waist as she laughed, "I feel great now."

"Shut up," Kuvira laughed, pushing her back so that she fell into the water, giggling as the splash hit her in the face.

Laughing as she pulled Kuvira over with her, Sukara was soaked by the ocean. Letting the waves take Guan's blood and wash it away.

It was a very different feeling from when she came out of the ice all those years ago. She had been so scared and alone, kneeling on the ice floor of the cave. But now, laughing in the ocean with her wife before going to join their children, she had never felt more secure, more loved.

Looking up into Kuvira's eyes was like coming home. Nothing gave her more peace than to have her there.

"I love you," Kuvira almost whispered as she sat in Sukara's lap, stroking her wet hair from her eyes as she smiled down at her.

"I love you too."

End of book 4

End of Empress of the Old World

A/N

Hello to all of you absolutely amazing readers. I just want to say thank you for reading and sticking with me till the end, and I hope you all enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for reading, thank you for your vote, thank you for your comments. They really do mean the world to me and inspire me to keep writing, especially on days when I'm feeling down. You are amazing. Thank you❤️❤️

If you want to look into more of my writing there are more fanfics on my profile that I would be grateful if you gave a chance!