Restraint

Heads banging and very groggy, the four of them eventually made their way back to consciousness. It was a little later now, they could see that the sun had just begun to set. Trying to move, they discovered that their hands had been bound in wooden restraints.

As she came round, Kuvira looked up to see that Sukara was already awake and sitting calmly with only a light frown as she watched Guan pace back and for in front of them. Kuvira gave her a light kick to get her attention. She made a questioning frown as she glanced between her wife and Guan, Sukara just gave her a smile and turned back to the failed dictator.

"You don't look so good Guan," Sukara said, making herself comfortable against the tree.

"You took everything from me," he hissed, a manic look on his face as, "I was building back stronger than I'd ever been and you destroyed all of it!"

He looked dishevelled. His clothes were dirty and had tears in them. His hair was greasy and hanging where it pleased on his head.

"Baby, now would be a good time to stop this," Kuvira whispered over to her while Guan began to fidget as he paced.

"No, no," Sukara smirked, "I am exercising restraint."

"I fucking hate you," Kuvira said in an annoyed sigh, a slight glare appearing on her face.

"I promised you, I have dropped my vendetta against Guan," Sukara continued, the smug look on her face only annoying Kuvira more.

"You are the only one who can get out of these restraints," Kuvira was quiet but you could tell that she didn't have the patience to deal with Sukara's cockyness.

"I am enjoying my time with our family Kuvira," Sukara feigned her disappointment in Kuvira, only barely managing not to laugh at her own joke.

"This is not the time Sukara," Kuvira answered back, the frown on her brow deep as she looked at her wife's smirking face.

"You can witness me exercising restraint," Sukara repeated, giving one last smile before glancing back to Guan who had been rambling a little without noticing their lack of attention, "I made a promise to you, I'm going to keep it."

While Sukara was watching her wife, she hadn't bothered to check what Guan was actually doing. The first sign of trouble, was the fear in Kuvira's eyes and then the angry glare that followed.

"Break your fucking promise," Kuvira hissed, not taking her eyes from Guan, "now."

"And now I will take your reason to live from you," Guan almost laughed  as Sukara turned her head.

Her heart stopped, then started to burn when she saw her. He had Voya. One arm clasped around her shoulders to keep her still. Their daughter. He had their daughter.

Sukara could feel herself shaking with rage as she looked at him.

"Now you can witness me no longer exercising restraint."