Iroh II

The Fire Nation had always been a beautiful place, and with their new era of leadership, everything about the nation was flourishing.

Iroh met them at the air ship dock with a smile to lead them to the Palace. He waved as they all exited the ship. There were quite a few of them because Tenzin had given in after Ikki and Meelo had nagged him about how it wasn't fair that Jinora got to go and see Zuko and they didn't.

"Hello! Welcome to the Fire Nation," he said, both excitable and formal as he greeted his friends.

"It's great to see you Iroh," Korra smiled as she gave him a hug, "I hope we're not too much of a nuisance while we're here. Lin says the lead looks good so hopefully we'll be able to find something."

"You're not a nuisance," Iroh told her, "you guys are more than welcome here. And if Guan is here like you say then he's our problem too now."

Korra nodded as Iroh turned his attention to the last of the people exiting the air ship. Sukara spotted him as her feet hit the floor and smiled.

"Hey there sunshine," she smirked as she walked up to him, "how are you?"

"Doing just fine light show," he smiled, leaning down to give her a hug, "I see you're doing better than the last time we spoke."

He nodded over to Kuvira as he spoke, gesturing so she knew what he was talking about. Kuvira gave an awkward smile as she stood next to her girlfriend.

"I am, yes," Sukara said, looking over at Kuvira with adoration in her eyes.

Kuvira smile softened as she saw the heart eyes she was getting from Sukara. The little sparkle in them making Sukara look even more adorable than usual, made a light blush go across Kuvira's cheeks.

"Right," Iroh announced to the group, stepping back so that everyone could see him, "my mother and Grandfather will want to see everyone to talk about Guan, those not on mission will have to wait, sorry."

"Hey!" Meelo exclaimed as Iroh bent down to talk to him and Ikki, "I'm on mission too!"

"No your not Meelo," Tenzin sighed.

"But--!" Meelo and Ikki said in unison.

"No buts," Tenzin told his children firmly, "I'm not risking brainwashing on anyone that doesn't need to be here. It's too dangerous."

The two younger ones sighed loudly but didn't fight their father any further.

"Lights you know where everything is right?" Iroh asked, he got a nod from Sukara as she looked up from Meelo and Ikki with a laugh, "great, can you take these two to the garden before coming to the war room?"

"Yeah, no problem," Sukara nodded.

"They can help feed the turtle ducks while we talk," Iroh said, more to them than to Sukara.

"Yes!" Ikki said, high fiving her brother.

"Turtle ducks!" Meelo said, returning the high five.

"Come on then you two," Sukara smiled, placing a hand on each of their shoulder to guide them in the right direction.

"I'll come with you," Kuvira said, linking her fingers with Sukara's as Sukara's hand dropped from Meelo's shoulder. "Give you a hand."

"You know, I'm sure Asami can manage if you want to feed the turtle ducks too," Sukara looked up at her with subtle amusement.

"Shut up," Kuvira chuckled, giving her a gentle push, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Why does Iroh call you light show?" Kuvira asked, she had thought the nicknames sounded like it had a story attached to it and she was curious as to what it was.

"Oh," Sukara laughed, remembering back, "while we were on our road trip to find Azula, I may or may not have almost attacked a man in the avatar state. And we met this guy that saw but he didn't believe me when I told him I was an avatar, so he said the eye thing was a good light show. Iroh found it hilarious and has yet to give up on it."

The story got a soft laugh from Kuvira as they walked towards the Palace gardens. She liked to hear about the parts of Sukara's life that she wasn't a part of. She loved learning new things about her, and she couldn't wait to hear them all the time.